Lowest cost, decent dehumidifier

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations regarding a low-cost dehumidifier. My humidity level is chronically too high; gets to 75% + at night.

Last week I bought a “20 ounce” dehumidifier for $30 on amazon that actually pulls out less than 8 ounces in 24 hours, and only helps by 2%.

I have one hydroponic plant in a bedroom that is 12’ x 12’ x 10’ high. There is a window air conditioner running constantly, and I have a small fan blowing on my plant.

I wonder if anybody here can recommend a very low cost dehumidifier? My funds are extremely limited. Thanks!

1 Like

Following

Loaned my dehumidifier (bottom picture) to recent Duguala Bay Flood home owner.
THey empty the unit often as the house dries. Monthly low tide was higher than anybody expected, ever, knew. Seven years and still going strong.

Check out resale shops and craigslist… I just got an older (but still looks and works like new) basement/large room 50-pint one for $12.99 at Goodwill…

I got a refurbished GE 35 pint dehumidifier for $105. Like everything else the price has gone up. They’re about $130 now. Keeps the RH perfect in my lung room and tent. @mingleme is onto something with buying one secondhand. Do some searching and you’ll probably find one cheap. If not, go with refurbished and save some money.

Thanks again to everyone for the help. As it turns out, my window air conditioner was malfunctioning. I replaced it with a new one and all is well – I have a pretty constant 50% humidity now!