Lower small bud sites, trim?

Do people usually trim these to allow more energy for upper growth? Cant imagine them producing anything worth while

3 Likes

Some do, some don’t. Can you post a picture of the whole plant(s)?

2 Likes

I would like to see whole plant too

1 Like

Yes , cut away all of the under growth…
Well , what week are you into since light flip…?
3 to 4 weeks is the time to trim all that crap off… :wink:
Plant is lookin good tho…:fire:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Im almost 4 weeks in, someone said trimming this far in would hurt the plant and stunt growth because energy would be spent repairing the trimming.

@peachfuzz @dbrn32 @elheffe702

No your good…
I’m 4 weeks in on light flip and still taking clones from the undergrowth… :wink:

It’s called monster cropping and I’ve been taking clones at 3 weeks since light flip …
And they are already rooted…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d clear out at least the lowest stuff, maybe the bottom 1/3 or so.

1 Like

@peachfuzz @dbrn32 @elheffe702

should i trim further up? I trimmed all the low buds, prolly a 1/4th but made sure to not go higher until i asked

2 Likes

That looks pretty good.

2 Likes

Really… you have enough light to feed the whole plant at this point…
Bottom might be a lil larfy… but should still produce…
Maybe lower your light a lil bit…
Next time , figure out a way to scrogg your plant…
Lots of wasted light there…:wink:

2 Likes

Just what I was going to say…as long as you’re getting light to everything, that’s the main thing. The trick is to optimize the footprint of light that your fixture makes, training the plant to that shape.

1 Like

At this point, anything budding low down that just shows a couple pistols, should be trimmed off. It won’t get enough light to ever fill out. You know which ones I’m talking about right?

1 Like

Yes i took of all the buds that were underdeveloped, left the ones thatd had many pistils

2 Likes