Lower leaves canoeing and flowers turning brown and crunchy

I’m having a major problems with my outdoor plants. They have been doing great all summer and have grown to be 8+feet tall with no signs of deficiencies. Now they have just made the flip to flower as our days are getting shorter. My lower growth has taken a hit and I cannot figure out what is causing this! All of the flower sites and like turning brown and growing crispy thorn like leaves and the normal fan leaves are growing a powdery substance and growing round and canoeing. My ph is between 6.1-6.5. I have been feeding with all organic aeration compost teas. I am growing in a soil bed of little dirt peat moss, perlite etc.

I have no idea what this could be if anyone has any insight I need all the help I can get! Please I have tried to make this my absolute best grow I have ever done and dont want to see this ruined! Thanks in advance! Uploading: DE5F7946-8579-44EF-ACCB-3F93CF5BDFCB.jpeg… Uploading: CD2A9F8A-903A-47B1-B1C8-F3181A4369C0.jpeg… Uploading: 89A9802F-0E7E-4678-BFEE-4C98EA85808C.jpeg… Uploading: F79B41AA-C51D-4F7D-873B-D7CD919B6667.jpeg… Uploading: 52FB8C0F-B850-4DDB-B7F6-E173D3829139.jpeg…

The powdery substance you referred to, is it white and wipes off? I see some bug damage also.
Here’s a support ticket, if you could fill it out so growers can better help you

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Looks like russet mite damage

1 Like

Thank you Bobby digital! It is russet mites! Luckily they are not fully in flower so I was able to spray some neem oil to try to get them taken care of!

1 Like

Captain jacks dead bug is organic and can be used all throughout the plants life.

Thanks so much digital! I’ve been using aerobic compost tea and they’ve been so healthy I haven’t had any bugs at all through out this season. I’ve never seen any mites this small. I’ve got more research to do. Thank you for the insight brotha! I will be on that captain jacks soon!

2 Likes

@Coleslaw775 Welcome to the forum!! Captain Jacks has helped my outdoor gals so much! Highly recommended I got it at my local lowes. I know its not everyone’s choice but it saved my plants this year. Bugs have been awful! Nice catch on your plants they will bounce back!

Everyone covered. Welcome to ILGM.

1 Like

Heat stress too: if you can shade the plants or put them in partial shade they’ll appreciate it. Especially when it’s hot.

1 Like