Low yield in all my plants what's up?

Perhaps I should switch from my Fluence to HLG?

Welcome to the Dark Side. :+1:

1 Like

but the light grows great plants!

3 Likes

Depends on your Fluence model and if the Samsung 301h’s in the HLG are better or more efficient than what’s in the Fluence. That’s going to be the problem with LED, they’re going to keep coming up with better diodes, that are more efficient and have better spectrums every year. Kind of like a PC upgrade, works fine, does everything you want but you still get the itch for new i9 processor or latest graphics card for gaming, easy to get into the law of diminishing returns, big bucks for little gains, best to jump when the gains are bigger or the costs lower, or preferably both. But if money isn’t an issue, it’s always great to get new toys.

2 Likes

I seen that and was like holy shit that’s big

1 Like

It was massive. I had to break it apart and that made me sad. :pensive:

I bet that hurt a little. Isn’t it a shame they are so pretty and have to be smoked? Here and gone.

1 Like

Yeah but she was damn good. I still have a few top nugs off the top. Saving it for a rainy day. This was from Blue Dream. :+1:

I do enjoy blue dream excellent smoke. I could smoke that everyday and not get tired of it.

Should have poured it into a block of epoxy!

1 Like

Omg that is a good one. I needed a laugh. :+1:

1 Like

Think about it, when you run out of dope, it will always be there taunting you. Im here, you poured me into this permanent block of rock hard plastic! Just get out the saw and cut away!

1 Like

Could you imagine doing that to one of my super beasts. The whole plant. Be safe for a X-mas tree for many generations.

Why don’t you pull one of those massive fan leaves and start collecting each strain. A show and tell.

1 Like

My current light set up.
Spider Farmer 2000 and Spider Farmer 1000 in a 4x4 for veg. Hoping to get another SF 2000 for flowering to finish this grow. Probably have to stick with this for the next grow. Need to recoup money for everything from my 1st grow then hopefully get to switch to HLG by grow #3

It’s difficult enough to convince the tried the true hps crowd. But when you get someone that has tried and been duped by mars etc, number 1 answer is they’ve heard that shit before lol. Can’t say I blame them, but it’s a huge difference as long as you don’t try to cheap out.

You have earlier spydr series light right? I remember discussing once before… It’s not necessarily about switching from fluence to hlg, the current flagship light from fluence is superior light to hlg’s light. It’s also more expensive. You’re just a couple years of 7-10% gains per year behind. Most of the new lights are released November/December. Watch for what’s coming out around then. You can get latest and greatest or possibly a deal on has been 6 month old led tech lol.

Uvb leds have dropped to about 20% of what they cost a couple years ago. We will start seeing them in high end fixtures soon. The lm301b/h is about 3 years old now too. The cree j series 2835he is about same performance at lower cost, so Samsung will have something better out soon as well.

3 Likes

Can you post up model of lights you have? 600 watts of nasa grade leds won’t cover a 6x6 room and end up well. But I’d like to know what you have so we can maybe reconfigure some things into your favor.

2 Likes

Yeah its a couple years old now, and its the 5 bar light, it will grow bud, but it wont be great for it. Seems to work very nicely for veg though. And for the most part thats all I really need as I dont flower indoors anyway.

2 Likes

@MrPeat is correct. When I started out, I built a 960w CFL light. Didn’t know any better. I grew 5 plants, and harvested a total of 5oz of fluffy buds. I later grew 1 plant under a 1000w MH/HPS and harvested a little over 2 lbs. We learn as we go, little things that help, but you MUST have good light in order to get good results. I have led lights now.

4 Likes

Here is what I’m using for lights. 400 and 200

There is a reason why I call you the Light Guru @dbrn32. When you said get the HLG 260xl rspec, I didn’t hesitate to buy them. Glad I did. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like