Low stress training - help!

@The1stTimer
So during the drying stage they were like low 50 % RH but did drop below to 48 the last few days and I couldn’t get it to come back up - so definitely a contributing factor

The humidity was way too high in the jars this morning- one was at 70%, one at 65% and one at 60%. I got 58% RH pack fans was hoping that would maintain things but didn’t seem to work. I burped them this morning, and also tried to make the amount of weed in each jar more equal because I realized the jar with the lower humidity had the least amount in it.

Will check again when I get home!

Thank you everyone!!
@kellydans @dbrn32 @Caligurl

4 Likes

When you burp the jars leave the lids off about 20 minutes. It will eventually come down a little. You can also place the buds into a Brown paper bag for about a 1/2 A-day and then back to the jars will also lower moisture. You’re doing fine good luck

4 Likes

I would take the boveda packs out for now. Imo the 70% is w litte high, bit the rest exactly where you want them. 70% jar dump loosely on paper plate for 30 minutes or so and then jar and s3e where it equalizes to. The other’s you can pretty much open and close, or dump out and place right back into sealed jar-daily.

A slow drop from 65% rh is usually a pretty good cure.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 @kellydans
Awesome thank you. Idk where id be without EVERYONES guidance
Yea I took out the humidity packs this am when I saw how high it was. Left the jars open for a few minutes but I’m sure not long enough. So I will burb again the right way when I get home if needed :wink:

On another note, my girl who’s still flowering in her tent, checked on her this morning. I guess I accidentally hit the dial on the humidifier cause the whole tent was soaked with puddles on the floor, humidity was at 99% and it looked like a tropical rainforest moved into my tent
I opened her up and let her sit open. also turned a fan onto the my girl to let her dry…hoping she’s not too badly affected :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

If you can remove plants and wipe down would probably help dry faster.

2 Likes

Thanks
I wiped down everything and it’s all good

Still can’t get the dang humidity down in these jars.
Moved the buds to a brown paper bag - and a new room. Hopefully that helps out

4 Likes

Stillllllll struggling to get this humidity down, and don’t want to go to extreme measures like a dehumidifier- feel like that wouldn’t help and would dry them way too quick. I’ve got desiccant packs coming, but maybe that’s too extreme? Anyone have any input on that? Maybe my jars are too small

Idk
Struggling with this curing process :frowning:

2 Likes

I would stay clear of the desiccant packs what is your RH sitting at atm have you tried putting the buds in a paper bag for a day possibly 2 if needed or even setting them on a paper plate for bit

2 Likes

@The1stTimer
I tried all of that and they’re sitting at like 71% :persevere:

2 Likes

Its not the hygrometers is it i know alot of the ones ive bought on amazon over the years can be crappy lol and wont read accurately some times if not od still recommend leaving the buds out on a paper towel for a hour possibly 2 thos is going to be a rinse and repeat process until you het it down

2 Likes

@The1stTimer
I had wondered that…if they were just garbage, maybe I’ll try to get some new ones.

2 Likes

I will set all mine out in a row and only use the ones that read the same or thay are within 1 increment up/down from each other

1 Like