Low stress training - help!

Thank you thank you :pray:t2: :blush::blush:

3 Likes

I see amber on buds in those pics. I wouldn’t worry about smell… usually it will come with cure. Congrats on the imminent chop!!! You’ll be trimming in not time with a nice slow dry.

3 Likes

@Caligurl
That’s the plan! Slow and steady, just got a bunch of mini hygrometers and humidity packs for when it’s time to cure.

Nervous though because I know this process is really important to get right! And I haven’t gotten it right yet :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

You’ll get the hang of it. I’ve read a lot about cold curing lately and think I may take a plant or two, divide them up and cure half the normal way and the other half doing a cold cure… just to see which turns out better. I’ll put it in my journal when that time comes :wink:

3 Likes

So this is gonna sound like a dumb question….are you supposed to trim off the sugar leaves before you hang? I know there’s a lot of different methods, some people leave their fan leaves, some people cut them, some people do wet trimming and some so dry.
This will be a dry trim method

2 Likes

She’s like
One huge cola , and her smell came back some already :wink:

5 Likes

I personally cut off fan leafs only and hang the whole plant i leave sugar leaf on but its honestly all personal preference i prefer a dry trim over all

2 Likes

sweet bud

1 Like

For me I leave everything on because we have low humidity here and it slows the drying time

I also dry trim and have been using a Cannabrush for 90% of the trim, then I only finish trimming when I want to use a bud to smoke

3 Likes

Here’s a link showing the Cannabrush on my last grow

3 Likes

Thank you!! @BudzMS

2 Likes

@Caligurl
Interesting! I’ll have to look into that. I actually have perfect humidity here where I live for drying right now so that’s why I opted to take the fan leaves off because I read that, like you said they’re generally left on in dryer conditions. when it’s summer here where I live the humidity will spike to the near 80/90 % :woman_facepalming:t3:

My last girl i will leave all the sugar leaves tho

3 Likes

I use a cannabrush as well absolutely love it makes for a quick but nice trim and dosnt kill the hands like a pair of snips do lol best trimming accessory besides a trim bin

3 Likes

I’m worried I dried her too quick
But they’re curing in their jars now- all 10 gs- and I know that’s not much really
But I’m so freaking STOKED :blush::blush:

@Caligurl @Fiz @BigItch @dbrn32 @BudzMS @kellydans @LiesGrows @JiggaMan1987 @PurpNGold74

9 Likes

Nice work how long did she dry for?

4 Likes

@LiesGrows
Only 4 days, I expected her to be much longer. But today I bent the stem and it snapped, and the colas felt dry enough on the outside

5 Likes

What are your hygrometers reading at temp and rh wise?

3 Likes

They’ll be fine. It’s soon enough to recover. If you have any fresh leaves, you can stick the, in the jars with a mini hydrometer. Some people use a lemon or orange poel but I don’t like the flavor it adds.

3 Likes

Congratulations , great job what was the temperature an Humidity when drying. As @Caligurl mentioned . You can always add a green fan leaf to jar. I have used lettuce. :v::+1:

2 Likes

I agree, i think you’ll be fine. When you burp them today give a few buds a squeeze. Being in jars should have pulled some moisture from inner parte of buds.

Congrats on getting some weed to the end too!

3 Likes