Low stress training help!

Meet my girls, Naomi and Bobbie. I just re potted in here so I wanna wait a few days to start training them. Would someone please point at where to start? They are my first babies. Thanks!

2 Likes

Just bend them over, and tie it to one side of the fabric pot with soft string. Tie it loosely, or leave the ability to remove it. You can start doing this after the second set of true leaves if you wanted to next time. You should be good.

Great advice @Covertgrower. Also it appears that one may already be in pre flower, are these autoflowers? Just curious :slight_smile: @Themotherofdragons

2 Likes

I agree the top one looks like it’s flowering. I’ve never seen one do that at such a small statue.

1 Like

Yes. They are both bb autos. What do I do?! And they are very small, only 4 inches!!! :weary::weary::weary::weary:

If they are outside they need better light (longer exposure) if inside a stronger more powerful light. How old or how many days since they spouted?

Lost track of time… maybe 4 weeks? I bring them inside at night. I keep them in partial sunlight during the day cause one day I put them in direct sunlight and they were wilting! The sun is brutal in south Florida… should I just put them in direct again? Thanks so much!

1 Like

The wilting is pretty normal unless it’s like a 95 degree day and humid I usually haven’t had many problems besides in the seedling (1-2) weeks outdoors and I am in Oklahoma so somewhat Similar I would start introducing them to more and more sunlight asap as these won’t have but maybe 2 weeks and they will be in full blown flower. No worries though as you can drop some other seeds just be weary of your night temps coming into winter as anything below 60 degrees and you’re not going to have much growth. You’re definitely at the right place for questions and answers as everyone I have met here is willing to lend a set of ears and eyes! Hope this helps and best of luck with your grows.

2 Likes

I know this sounds crazy but you could try placing a small desk fan on them too at night inside with a gentle breeze to strengthen the stalk. Make sure its gentle though and oscillating is better in my opinion.

It’s been extremely hot and humid here. I’m gonna leave them outside then and pray for the best. What does the fan do?

The fan will strengthen the stalk and help with supporting the plant. You don’t have too though. You’ll be fine just letting them be honestly you probably dont have to even bring them in at night if your temps are staying above 65! I dont know what type of soil you are using either. From what I have experienced and read is that cannabis is extremely resilient and loves lots of love, light, and water when needed, granted you can grow much more potent and better with more applied practices and training methods etc… Other than that they aren’t too needy. The problem with autoflowers is you have such a short window before bloom and you cant afford to mess up things like you can with regular photperiod seeds.

1 Like

Personally if their auto as I would not even bother training them it’s not gonna do you any good there gonna do with their going to do regardless if they were feminized it would make a huge difference

1 Like

Yes they are fem autos

The autos finish fast under any light scheduled they will finish faster then the photo I personally would not train it won’t do much good and could stress the plant out and have seeds if stressed to much

I will be posting an update on my journal today. 2 photos and an auto. 3 +/- weeks old. My next concern is to start, or plan to start, whatever initial training, topping, etc that will be needed. Would like anyone who is savvy with this part of the grow to chime in on my journal once i post. Thanks. @MidwestGuy @MeEasy @Covertgrower @MrPeat . I tagged a few of you who Ive seen chime in on others training questions.PR first real grow and 2x4 grand opening Later today I will have some new pics up.

1 Like

The purpose of LST is generally to increase airflow and light penetration.

I would discourage you from doing LST for LST sake if plants don’t need help with airflow or light penetration.

Topping or FIMing is a bit different, but shouldn’t be done to an auto, if that is what you are growing.

2 Likes

Well said @MidwestGuy I see so many sativa plants nice n airy getting tied down and I just don’t see the benefit

2 Likes

Sativa tend to be pretty airy in general, and they don’t block light.
LST definitely works, but if you’re not increasing one or the other as Midwestguy put it, it’s not necessary.

2 Likes

My point exactly

1 Like

If I was going to train, I would do a Scrog. With a csnopy balanced. I tried Fim’ing and it worked. You will see my training this weekend. :+1::+1::+1:

Midwest and Covert have you covered.

1 Like