<~ Low’s Light Thread - Comparisons - Coverage - Diodes - Warranty - Price ~>

@MattyBear
Is there any way I can get permissions granted so I can edit my posts? I’d like to keep this updated in the first post rather than updates getting lost in the posts.

4 Likes

I’m not sure there’s a setting I can just push a button for to allow you to edit. I could be wrong tho

3 Likes

Yeah… if I remember right it comes down to permissions for groups/rank and their abilities. Not individual basis, so essentially rank determines ability. Don’t think it can happen unless I get into another group. Dang…

2 Likes

Get into the Holiday spirit with a themed contest by @AfgVet

6 Likes

For this forum is going to be an IT guy setting, not the moderators unfortunately.

Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with the forum other than being a user, but i am a retired IT guy that has dealt with forums before.

3 Likes

THANK YOU @kaptain3d for sharing this with me!!! Wow Low! I’m super impressed by this !!! It’s been a journey learning and growing! I’m currently using the budgrower lights

LIGHT UNIT SPECS

• Brand: The Bud Grower
  • Manufactured by: Vivosun
  • High Efficiency Grow Light!
  • Two Units: Only 120W (this generates the equivalent of a traditional 600W light unit)
  • Maximum PAR output at various distances, supporting efficient photosynthesis.
  • Equipped with Samsung LM301 Diodes.
  • Requires 50% less energy than other light units on average.
  • Dimmer switch to control light intensity, allowing your plants to receive more energy without burning them.
  • Perfect for 24″x24″ veg and bloom footprints.
  • Full-spectrum output; ideal for all stages of growth.
  • 30% higher yield compared to older LED lights.

The Old Man and I are looking into the upgrading our lights for the 4x4 tent we have. We liked the HLG SCORPION DIABLO X and also the KIND LED X750 Targeted Full Spectrum LED Grow Light.

Thanks for the info, truly informative and incrediby organized!

4 Likes

I’m glad you found the thread useful. It’s a basic guide :+1:

Cannot go wrong with either one of those suppliers!

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks Grow Brother!

3 Likes

Any time! :sunglasses: have fun shopping! I always get stuck on endless YouTube reviews when I’m in the market for a new light. Lol

1 Like

:weary::weary::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl: same here! We’ve spent the entire day to YouTube reviews!

1 Like

How have I completely missed this thread??? Such good info. Thanks @Low you rock for this!!!

2 Likes

Glad you found it helpful :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

This is the holy grail for lightening!! You da man, man. Thank you very much Low!!

Much luv bro-
:100::fire:

2 Likes

I’m happy you found it helpful. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Low indecently purchased the G8600 Spider Farmer-CO2 light. What do you mean by…” recomendable c02 for full power or can dim?

His is a huge upgrade for me, this will be my second indoor grow and I’m trying to stay ahead of the game here brotha.

Thanks again-
JD

3 Likes

Ok so that light uses some serious wattage and pumps out some really high numbers. Running it at manufacturer recommended heights at 100% will burn the plants without cO2.

When running that high of a wattage through a calculator it can exaggerate the coverage.

I am running the g8600 next to the mars hydro fce8000. These lights do a great job for being on the “budget” side. Each one is covering around 4.5x4.5. In this space with these 2 lights we only made it to about 60% power.

The build quality of the spider farmer is superior to the mars. You made a good choice!

7 Likes

And it’s all that’s to you LOW!! Thank you very much :fire::100::star_struck: Considering i am not running CO2, you’re saying never run it above 60% in flower? I haven’t gotten the light yet, so sorry fir the stupid questions.

1 Like

There are no stupid questions :call_me_hand:t3: I highly suggest a PAR meter. The bigger the fixture the more i recommend them. I said 60% because I haven’t had to go above that to get my numbers. Height of the lights above canopy will dictate your power levels. Don’t focus on wattage focus on coverage and ppfd.

I kinda go by these numbers…

Flower 600-1000 I try to stay around preferably 800 at the minimum, but see good ok results as low as 500.

Veg 300-600

The flatter the canopy the better the light distribution the better the yield. That said the pictures I shared of the garden are all over the place and forming nice dense buds.

Here are some meters

https://www.amazon.com/400-700nm-Spectrum-Calibration-Function-Aquarium/dp/B0C9447SZD/ref=sxin_19_pa_sp_phone_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.41ca4032-b3d8-441b-ba06-bdcabfd44cd0%3Aamzn1.sym.41ca4032-b3d8-441b-ba06-bdcabfd44cd0&crid=Y1DFSNGAR8EO&cv_ct_cx=par+meter&keywords=par+meter&pd_rd_i=B0C9447SZD&pd_rd_r=311ec153-113d-4754-9185-e609e942b820&pd_rd_w=PBKro&pd_rd_wg=CJlr8&pf_rd_p=41ca4032-b3d8-441b-ba06-bdcabfd44cd0&pf_rd_r=KRWW0545WCY31HXCBSET&qid=1707437660&sprefix=par+meter%2Caps%2C137&sr=1-1-364cf978-ce2a-480a-9bb0-bdb96faa0f61-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/PHOTOBIO-LGBQM2-Advanced-Quantum-Micromols/dp/B08HPGLZHL/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=Y1DFSNGAR8EO&keywords=par+meter&qid=1707437660&sprefix=par+meter%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/Apogee-Instruments-Full-Spectrum-Quantum-Telescopic/dp/B09MYDTW5C/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?crid=Y1DFSNGAR8EO&keywords=par+meter&qid=1707437660&sprefix=par+meter%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-14

DLI

A lot of growers utilize dli while learning their lights and plants

Here is a calculator to convert ppfd/umol into dli

4 Likes

Thanks @Low just read this thread good info, I do have 3x3 with a spiderfarmer G3000, have it sold after this grow and getting the G5000, reading this just help confirm my thoughts and purchase :beers:

2 Likes

Hey @Bentstick im glad you found it useful! Some of the spider farmers have changed sizes since I’ve posted this so pay attention to the fixture dimensions. :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes