Low Cost, Easy Bake Weed Recipes- I am looking for One

Hoping the board can help me out. I am looking for cooking, extracting ideas for weed, as I have never done it before.

I would like a oil that I can mix with coffee or some solution that will last for along time sitting around. For some reason Gummies are high on my list of things to try, and sound interesting to make.

Given the price of everything I don’t want to buy everclear or invest a bunch of cash in start up Gizmos I have to buy. I might shell out a few bucks but wanting to keep things low cost. I don’t want to leave THC in the throw away portion of the extraction process.

Are there any ideas for a first time Chef? I have a few (3) oz of weed I am willing to dedicate to experimentation, but looking for a method that will squeeze out all the goodness of my dried and cured weed.

Is this enough to make some knock your socks off Gummies?

Are there a good recipe out there that anyone cares to share?

Tagging a few of my weed Grow-Guru Buds for good luck. @Hellraiser, @spankyjr1 @beardless

2 Likes

Search on @blackthumbbetty. I don’t believe she is around any more, but her posts should still be around. @repins12 is also one of the better canna cooks.

The most economical way to produce extracts is with ethyl alcohol (Everclear.) Things like BHO require a significant investment up front.

3 Likes

Infused coconut oil is easy I make it in my crock pot and make cookies

3 Likes

DD do you have a recipe you care to share?

MWG

How much everclear are we talking? I remember from my youth waking up to Mr. Everclear driving my car. Luckily for me I was able to pull over and re-group. Good Old Trash Can punch sure packs a wallop, from what I can remember anyway.

Do you have any experience cooking with Everclear? Recipe?

This is an extraction recipe from blackthumbbetty that I saved off when I tried it. It worked great.

1. Freeze a 750 ml bottle of everclear.
  2. Roughly chop (don’t grind) an oz of bud, and decarb in a Mason jar.
  3. Once jar is completely cool, add enough frozen ever clear to just cover buds & tighten lid
  4. Shake the shite out of it for about 3 minutes.
  5. Place it in the coldest part of your freezer for an hour.
  6. Remove from freezer, shake vigorously & strain; rinse remaining material with another shot or 2 of ever clear.
  7. To evaporate alcohol: place liquid in shallow glass pie pan & leave in a warm, dark place for several days. You can use a warming plate to gently heat it, but too much heat makes disgusting tasting tincture.
  8. When it’s the consistency of sugar water/watery honey, it’s ready for most uses. It should be a golden color, not green & not black.
3 Likes

@Work4iT I don’t recall the source but thought it was worth saving

1 Like

I know @Caligurl has some good recipes i bookmarked

2 Likes

To make make coconut oil I carboxylate my weed usually about 30 grams in a foil bag at 240 degrees for 50 minutes. I then take the decarbed weed and put it in my crock pot with 18 ounces coconut oil 1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin (optional) cook for 6 to 8 hours at 170 degrees Then filter through a cheese cloth and it makes about 16 OZ Then use this in your favorite cookie recipe in stead of butter this can be very powerful so you have cut it down say the recipe calls for 8oz use 4 cana coco and 4 regular coco otherwise you may be on the couch for 12 hours When I make gummy’s I do what @MidwestGuy does except i cook off the alcohol in a double boiler in my crock pot again I add lecithin

4 Likes

When making @MidwestGuy recipe for Green Dragon juice if you filter it threw a coffee filter then put it in a jar set it it the sun for a couple hours it will take a lot of the green color out

3 Likes

Here’s some info I put together a while ago. Some things may have been improved upon, at this point. :grinning:

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy Cannacooking!

4 Likes

Do you put the 16oz in the refrigerator? Keep it cool. I’m assuming, just making sure.

1 Like

Yes I pour it in butter molds and in the fridge

2 Likes

Thanks @dirtydave Think I’ll give your recipe a try.

1 Like

Thanks everybody lots of good replies… Going to weed thru the responses and put my lack of culinary skills to the test.

I love smoking the shxt, but my wife can’t take the stress on her lungs.

If I am investing 3 Oz of buds, good smoke what will be my capture (yield) and how many doses could I expect to generate?

I know this is alot of questions, but curious to see if I can shake out any first hand cooking replies.

Again Thanks for taking time to share knowledge. This forum is a Great tool in the bag…of weed Growing / cooking in this case…

Now off to the link Black Betty Shared…

2 Likes

This depends on strength and volume of the recipe.

4 Likes