Lou4494's First Grow Journal

All your ladies are looking great! You did a good job on the LST. And that looks like female parts to me :wink:. But considering I’ve only seen my one plant so far let’s make sure others agree. @MattyBear

2 Likes

Woooohooooo!!! Your girl hit puberty :joy:!

3 Likes

I did spot a pistil or two :wink: Congrats on the girl :v::bear:

3 Likes

Honestly Im sooooo happy that Kalliope is a girl. She has been my fave from the start because she was shorter and her leaves more broad. So I was hoping real hard she’d be a keeper. Haha.

How long do most people who lst keep their plants in veg?

3 Likes

Until you have it the size and shape you want. You’ll want to continue LST throughout the flower stretch too so take that into account :v::bear:

3 Likes

Ok cool, thanks!
I guess I dont know what I want it to look like. Ive just been pulling all the tops out to the sides so it’s all spread out. Haha.
I just needed to because my tent is small :woman_shrugging: lol

2 Likes

That’s exactly what you’re supposed to do :wink:. you are the one that would be able to read your plant better to know how far you can LST her. I was nervous the first time I did mine but after I did a couple times you get used to it. You’ll just want to watch as she grows to look at her tie-downs to make sure they’re not too tight on the branches. You might have to adjust them periodically.

2 Likes

Remember they can double in size during flower stretch too. That’s why you’ll want to continue to open them up until they stop stretching and harden off

2 Likes

I think I might try some scrog next time. I like the idea of it and how organized it is.
Well.
I probably won’t be able to truly try it easily until we move to a bigger place where I can have a bigger tent or room. Oh well. Cant get ahead of myself! Haha.

1 Like

Im really wishing that the plants would stop looking so bright green. Lol. I know they’re doing okay. But damn. :laughing:
Im just impatient. I would also like Kalypso to show some sign of sex soon so I can make the decision!

Kalypso still has slightly hooked tips, too. Kalliope recovered from those mostly, already.

Persephone looks so light to me… :frowning:

2 Likes

Lou, the girls are looking fine, Pershephone looks good too, I wouldnt worry too much about the color.
Water them well to run off and let them do their thing, they certainly dont look sickly.

Exactly! what the heck would be the point of flushing it, makes no sense, FFOF is ok for us noobies, no need to add nutes just yet. PH is what you want to keep an eye on for now, otherwise you’re good.

8 Likes

Kalliope looks better and stronger every day. Im very fond of her. Kalypso still hasn’t shown signs of sex. Looks slightly less happy than Kalliope.
Persephone is feminized, but I was still delighted to see 2 lil pistils this morning! Yay! Also, her fim cut is starting to grow back! Booyah! The pots the bigger plants are in are starting to feel light-ish. Probably going to water again in a day or 2. It’s been 5 days since their super-soak that took 6 hours…lol. Hopefully wont have to repeat that again. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

That those are looking awesome! That FIM job is growing back nicely good job!

3 Likes

It’s watering day for the girls! Im a little irritated though…because I slipped and fell on the ice last night when I took the dog out, so my back, which I screwed up last time I watered, got re-tweaked. As it was almost better. Ugh!

About half-way through watering and ppms look alright, but pH is low. Both plants runoff was at 6.0
Been working like an hour and a half and it’s up to 6.2-6.3. Lol.
And idk if it’s because of the pH, or genetics, or something else, but Kalypso is just looking sad. Limp and kinda wilty looking. Im treating them both the same, yet the other is thriving. :confused:
If this watering doesnt help soon-ish, and if it doesn’t show sex signs soon, I may just cull it, and focus on the other 2 which I know are female… ???

Sad-looking Kalypso

Thriving Kalliope

Bad drug dog…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your back. Yes we have bad weather here too and I usually fall at least once every winter. Never fun. the one plant don’t look that bad to me if you got the pH of the 6.3 that should help. @MattyBear do you think he needs to get his pH higher?

2 Likes

I am sorry too! It is awfulllll. I didnt used to fall when I was young, but now it’s a yearly thing. Damn near broke my elbow last year when I fell in my work parking lot, with my arms full so I landed on my elbow and knee. Ugh.

*she
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is ticking me off because it’ll say 6.3, then the next read will be like 6.1. Annoying.

2 Likes

Bump it up to 6.7 going in next few times and it should bring your ph out back up into range :v::bear:

3 Likes

I am so sorry are you a she? If you are I’m sorry because I am too and I know how it is

2 Likes

What kind of pH pen do you have?

I am indeed a she. Lol. I dont mind, I hadnt said it here before. :slight_smile:

I have it at 6.7-6.8 going in and it’s just not staying up. I have an Apera pen. Like $40, recommended here. Calibrated couple weeks ago.

4 Likes