Lou4494's First Grow Journal

@NavyVet420 @Mote
Ok, ok twist my arm! Lol.

Had to have my boyfriend help me transplant then because trying to hold and flip is hard at this stage, alone. Hahaha. We did 2 of the plants and I’m culling the third, weaker, plant. One of the transplants went far better than the other. Not too much damage, but one wasnt as pretty. Lol. But now they look happier!

5 Likes

Got a little frisky today (and really high) and decided that I probably should top my plants, since the other one is so far behind size-wise.
Soooo, I researched a bit and watched some videos and gave it a shot. I removed a bit more off one of the two, as an experiment, I suppose. One was a little taller, so I cut it down to be even with the other one. Theyre looking bigger and better every day!

Large image on left is before topping newest growth, top right is after, and bottom right is the cut site:

I also watered the outter area of soil because it was new from the transplant and I didnt pre-soak it like I wanted to. I now wont water again til they look like they need it, which Im guessing will be about 5-7 days. :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Day 34

Everyone is looking great! Some of the growth that the lst promoted has gotten big enough to also tie down. So thats cool! Cant wait to see the topping sites start to heal so I know I didn’t do top much damage. Lol.

Kalypso

Kalypso

Kalliope

Persephone (Day 24)

3 Likes

So I think I inadvertently overwatered them, because of the stupid soil initially being hydrophobic. Ugh. They’re all looking a little sad today, and sulfur deficiency seems to fit. Research said overwatering can do that. Which would make sense if Im paranoid about the soil. UGH.
Just gave them a small drink with some Cal-Mag because I thought maybe that was the issue. Then thought more about it and decided to now let them dry out a bit. Im not good at reading when they need water. My basil makes it super easy to tell. Lol.
Also, trimmed 2 leaves on one of the plants and 1 on the other, because they were blocking the new top sites and I couldnt keep them folded back. :woman_shrugging:

This is all just one big expensive experiment at this point! Lmao.

2 Likes

It has been 5 weeks and 2 days since I started this grow and knew I had viable seeds.
It’s been 3 weeks and 6 days since I saw my ILGM Chocolope break ground. She’s a slow grower! But…We’re doing decently!
I also think I see one little set of pre-flower hairs on Kalliope! Im not 100% certain, but appears that way to me. Too small to get a decent pic on my phone, though. Dont have a magnifier yet.

Lst has been going pretty smoothly. Learning a bit as I go. Loving it. Just did the first tie downs to Persephone!

Kalliope (left) & Kalypso (right)

Persephone

4 Likes

Alright guys and gals.
The time has come, I need more help! Lol.

I know I have a small issue but idk what it is.
New growth is slowing slightly, and has bright green tint to it. Lowest/oldest growth is about 2 shades lighter than the newer stuff. Leaves feel fine, not soft and floppy, or too stiff. But they ARE slightly clawing downward for all 3 plants??

Week 5 of Veg.
(2) Mix bag seed (1) ilgm Chocolope fem (10 days younger and so far only showing minor yellowing in new growth)
FFOF soil in 5 gal fabric pots.
18/6 light cycle w/ 600w led, 22" above plants.
440cfm exhaust fan and 6" carbon filter.
Small intake fan & Oscilating desk fan.
4x2x5 grow tent.
Temp: 75°
RH: 40-45%
Runoff of all 3 was brought to 1000-1100ppm last water to runoff, 7 days ago.
pH runoff: 6.3 for all.
No nutes yet besides a few doses of Cal Mag – but I do have FF Trio.

2 days ago they each got 1 cup of pHd water with Cal Mag, and prior, just a misting on top to keep soul from turning to dust. The 2 bigger ones with more issues, their soil feels slightly damp about 3-4 inches down. The Chocolope is still set on watering, damp about 1/2 inch down.
I may have overwatered previously and now have sulfur deficiency, or it’s nitrogen deficiency? I thought FFOF would hold me over for nutes.

Halp!

@raustin @Missiles @blackthumbbetty @OldSchoolGrower @MattyBear @dbrn32 @Mote @NavyVet420
Thanks in advance, y’all!

6 Likes

You have a slight Nitrogen toxicity. Only give ph water the next few times and see where you’re at :v::bear:

5 Likes

Should I water to runoff with each watering now? @MattyBear

3 Likes

Yes, your plants are big enough to water to runoff :wink::v:

4 Likes

Thanks!
Should I wait a few more days, or water to runoff now? It’s been 7 days, with smalllllllll waterings with a mister and 1 cup of water 2 days ago.

2 Likes

@MattyBear will get you straighten out😉

4 Likes

@Missiles I know! Thats why Im soooo glad to have this forum! I dont say a whole lot, but I read a ton!

3 Likes

You should be good to water now. Soil looks pretty dry to me :v::bear:

2 Likes

Me too! Well I do say a lot but I read more. LOL

2 Likes

Alrighty! As long as we’re all in this together! Let the slow-runoff road ahead, commence! Lmao.

Anybody wanna light one up with me? Then gonna put on some tunes and start watering! :wink:

6 Likes

I have to go to work for a few hours but I’ll spark a half dozen bowls when I get back :wink::v::bear:

6 Likes

Mattybear has you set, you’ll be in good shape!

5 Likes

Looks like the issue has been addressed. I usually check soil to 1 inch below to see if it is moist.
Once my girls got into their final pot the get watered every 4 days, ie: if I water today, my next watering would be Thursday. this watering cycle has not changed and continues right up to where I am now.
This of course may not work for your situation but that soil moisture is what you want to keep an eye on and water accordingly.

FFOF: thats the same soil I’m using, did not give them much in way of nutrients early on since the soil had plenty for them, kept it light. and when they did get nutes it would be only once a week.
Looking Good!

3 Likes

Plants will drink more when it’s hot and RH is low and will drink less when temps are lower and RH is higher. This is a reason not everyone will have similar watering schedules because environments can differ drastically from one grower to the next :v::bear:

5 Likes

You’re in good hands @Lou4494.
I can’t wait to get growing again, I’m totally jealous.

1 Like