Lou4494's First Grow Journal

@Lou4494 I know the feeling. I got started after you did. I thought about doing it and when I saw you do it I thought if Lou can I can. :grin:. Us beginners need to stick together. We will be better next time. Check out growweedeasy dot com. When you get there search scrog, I think there is a good tutorial there. Plus there is information in Roberts grow bible also.

2 Likes

Looks like Bubblehead & Missiles got you covered. I had the same issues as you as far as getting started w the scrog when I had not planned on doing it but it was the only way to control 3 of them.
My 2c…I would prune as much if not all of those leaves under the scrog, I did not do that and that was a mistake. Wound up with tons of bud sites but they of course detracted from main/above the net. It also hampered air circulation and light dispersion & also made it difficult to control humidity (too much foliage respirating), dont plan on making that mistake again.
They look great.
Love that second picture with the loupe, so vibrant!

3 Likes

Hey guys! The girls are THRIVING! Also, the light green at the new growth I had before feeding ththe other day, is not mostly gone! So they must be ok now. Lol.
Did some pruning today, @Missiles @Mote @Bubblehead !
Didnt do a ton, but I’ll do more in a couple days. I may prune some of the wispier girls, giving more room to the big girls! Haha. I think tomorrow will be feeding day. They’re drinking much more now. Should I feed again, or just water +calmag?

5 Likes

You did a good job! Very nice😉 how have you been feeding? Feed, feed, water or feed, water, feed? I would stick with what you have been doing they look good!

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve done feed, feed, water. Last time was a feed. I’ll just keep winging it, then. :wink: Lmao!
Does anybody have any pics of a nicely pruned SCROG? I wanna see what I should be doing, and to what extent. Hahahahah.

Edit: should I prune or leave the biggest fan leaves below the canopy? Ive read contradictions about big fan leaves…

3 Likes

Nice work they look AWSOME. Looks like you tied them down a little more too. Your entire net looks just about full! It looks like you are a week ahead of me, we are taking the same steps with our little ladies at almost the same time. It will be fun to see how we finish up. When did you flip to 12/12?

I’ve read contradictions on that also. I am taking anything small that is in a shadow. Larger fan leaves I wait a few days to see what happens or try to tuck them in the netting. Everything I have read pints toward keeping the big ones as they are the main engine to photosynthesis.

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet has some beautiful scrog pictures he can show you. I know @MattyBear has done it in the past also. There are a lot of nice ones around here. @Grandaddy013 has one too :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks @Bubblehead! And yes, I did tie down some more. The biggest one you mentioned, I pulled it over and was pretty rough on her. So now there’s like 5 cola sites (idk if thats the right term here) more visible to the light.

I flipped to 12/12 on January 28th.

2 Likes

Thanks @Missiles. Going to creep now. Sorry fellas :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a few pics of the Cinderella 99 I had in a scrog

11 Likes

Absolutely beautiful Matt :star_struck: Thank you :wink:

5 Likes

Ahhhhh!!! BEAUTIFULLLLL SEAAAAA!

4 Likes

@MattyBear, now that is the proper way to fill a scrog :grin: That looks awesome.

4 Likes

Here is a picture of one of mine. It is one plant and a 4x4 Scrog net

11 Likes

@Lou4494 Check out OldSchoolGrower’s thread, he has some great pictures on how the bottom of the scrog should look like, the man knows what he’s doing :wink:
OSG’s Super Skunk from ILGM

Really diggin the scope pictures.

Gotta get a Bong, tired of smokin pipe, always liked bongs better…Any Suggestions?
Only prerequisite is it has to be big enough to put ice cubes in it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

@Grandaddy013 Beautiful Scrog! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

First grow ever chopped 11-15-18

And now this grow.

Keep up the good job. :+1: :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Looking good

2 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing! How long did it take you to grow that plant? Mine took 6 months and 4 days…lol but I was in coco and a 32’ x 32" x 63" tent. My scrog was only 28" x 28".

1 Like

Was that 6months 4days till harvest?

2 Likes