Lou4494's First Grow Journal

I usually just adjust timer to 12 hours and let em rip. But gradually reducing time will work too.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 ok cool thanks! I went from 6hrs dark, to now 10 dark. Ill give them a slight adjustment period and then go all in!

Also, I think I got my air system straightened out. I hope!
I youtubed some ideas for vent light traps, and I ended up putting a small fan with ducting bent at as close to a 90° angle as I could, on each side of my tent, to bring air in. I only have one small fan running currently, but seems to be enough. Since I had 2 though, I rigged them both up. So my filter exhaust fan is a 440cfm and my intake is 160cfm (2 of them if necessary). Hopefully I figured it out!

Wilty girls after a good drink, ppms were GREAT for once, so didnt have to flush like crazy! Yay! Hopefully I also got that issue resolved as well. Gave each about 1.5 gallons with Cal-mag. I also pruned some of Kalliope’s smaller leaves that were blocking stuff underneath.

3 Likes

You’re only feeding calmag?

1 Like

Theyre in FFOF and until today, their PPMs were over 2000, so I didnt want to feed anything else til I got the PPM straightened out. Next feeding will be with the FF Trio :slight_smile:

1 Like

2000 down to 138 is a pretty big jump between 2 feedings.

2 Likes

Wait where did you get 138 from?

My last readings ended at like 1600, but started at near 2000. Today they both started at about 1700 and are down to 1200.

Edit: my starting ppms going IN were around 200, but since Id been fighting hydrophobic soil, there was a lot of buildup so PPMs in runoff were way too high for 2 waterings.
First runoff for both plants was nearly 2000 or slightly higher.
Finally down to a more reasonable range after fiximg waterimg schedule.

2 Likes

Good question lol, sorry

2 Likes

@dbrn32 :laughing: no problem! I was just super confused and was scrolling through my comments thinking, “I didnt think I was that high!!” Lmao!

3 Likes

Apparently I was! Haha

2 Likes

Checked the girls today! Several more pistils appeared, and they both had a growth spurt! Switching from 10 dark to 12 dark in 2 more days!

4 Likes

Last night was their first night on 12/12! Today is 8 weeks since sprouting for Kalliope, and 6.5 weeks for Persephone.
In the past 3 days, I broke TWO tops off Kalliope. One I didnt see right away because it happened over night – Im assuming the wire tie slipped or something. So that one didn’t heal up. The other one happened this morning. I barely touched the stem below the top where it curved from the wire tie, and it just snapped. So I immediately taped it up. Hoping for the best. But I still have about 8 tops on Kalliope, so that’s good!
I will water them again in a couple days, and give them their first real nutes. :smile:

4 Likes

Finally got a day off from work!!! Damn, I am so tired. Ha! Opening a new restaurant is HARD WORK.
Anywho.
I fed the girls yesterday, and we are now a week since flipping to 12/12. Looking great! I think the 2nd snapped top that I taped up right away, is going to be fine! How long should I leave it taped???

4 Likes

I was thinking earlier that I hadn’t seen an update lately :wink: They are looking great! Hope the new job is going well.

1 Like

Congrats with the new restaurant! That’s awesome! Plants look good and tape can stay on at least a week :v::bear:

2 Likes

They are looking great. Congratulations on new restaurant!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the love, guys! I feel bad, not being on as much lately… :sob: Work is finally starting to find its groove. Organization and communication are ththe hardest but most crucial parts! But I miss having more free time. Lol.
Im glad the girls are semi self-sufficient now, and can go a few days without me! Theyre growing like crazy. Each day they look like different plants!

I sure hope I get a decent amount from each plant, because I’ve been smoking wayyyyyy more than I used to, working the way I have been lately. Lmao! And today I woke up feeling kinda sick, so that’s making things even better. :laughing:

The stretchy tape stuff I used to rig the drip trays also works very well to tape snapped stems!

4 Likes

They are looking great! They are definitely filling in. Those flowering buds are going to get bigger each day :wink: Hope you feel better soon!

3 Likes

Looking beautiful

2 Likes

Looks like Choco is catching up nicely. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks guys!
@Mote Choco is definitely caught up! She doesnt have as many new shoots. The Random (Kalliope) has tons of new branches/tops starting, but Choco doesnt have as many. Still both beautiful though! Im sooooo curious how much they’ll yield. I dont even have a guestimate. Ugh. Lol.

Im just so in love with them!!! Gorgeous beings! :heart:

5 Likes