Lotus vs jacks 3-2-1

Hello all,

I’m very new to growing, I’m currently running 2 separate setups (DWC 2X3 w kind 450 led) & (RDWC 2x4 sp3000). I havnt used anything but lotus nutrients, & It’s a bit on the expensive side. I see a lot of good things about jacks 3-2-1. Do you guys think lotus is with the money?

2 Likes

And Merry Christmas to the ILGM community!

4 Likes

@Homegrownmeds I can’t say about Lotus but many and I mean many growers switched to Jack’s 321. Simple. Use the same start to finish.

Many other lines can’t say that at all. I am a Fox Farm user and each nutrients can change the amount per week. Takes up more space and liquid nutrients have a shorter shelf life vs dry nutrients.

I use the whole line and can say FF makes frosty buds like Jack’s does.

Merry X-mas as well.

4 Likes

No experience fertilizer is worth the money when at the end of the day, the plant can not tell any difference in brand name.
At the end of the day they all contain the exact same minerals.
I use general hydroponics flora or maxi series mostly because it’s what I’m use to. But many people use jacks with great success…

Nutrient market is full of over priced fancy looking products that contain the same stuff as the less flashy cheaper brands.
Of course you can get bad nutes in all brands, old stuff that has crystallized or been wet and all clumped together… Just get your amendments from a reputable supplier and you will have great results

2 Likes

Lotus is what I’m use too as well, so I stick with what I’m familiar with. But am definitely open to options

1 Like

I have no complaints about lotus. It definitely grows. But as I said im new in this, I just changed the light on my 4th grow so I really only know that it does grow And it’s pretty expensive lol.

1 Like

I tried several lines before landing on Jacks.
Oregon’s Only line (Nectar for the Gods) was the most work. Jacks is the least.
I like the comment above that stated they all provide the same thing in the end and the plant doesn’t care.
You can buy a small sample set of Jacks off Ebay to test it out. You can get the 2lb kit for 20 bucks. Its super cheap and the most forgiving line I have used yet. If you like it you can buy it in 2.2lb or 25lb bags later.

4 Likes

I started with the 2lb kit and grew like 10 plants or more before going ahead and buying 25lb bags.
You only use about 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of the A & B powders and 1/4 of the epsom.

2 Likes

I have never used Jack’s personally. I’ve only seen the results posted here. I do plan to try in 2022 after I get my 2nd tent. I may say screw it and replace my old 4x4 with a 8x8 one. Then give my old one to a friend that smokes 200 times more than I do per month.

3 Likes

I started with fox farm trio and started adding to it. Then switched to Advanced Nutrients organic iguana juice with 9 - 10 supplements. Yeah - more than a few $$.
Got out of soil, changed to coco and also Jack’s 321. I use is autopot system as well as when I still top feed.
If you are thinking of trying Jack’s check out Esbenshades garden center. Very good pricing compared to amazon and other places.

4 Likes

If you amend coco with organic amendments like worm castings, humus, compost, etc etc it is no longer considered a hydroponic medium. It is soil. At that point you are better off buying a cannabis friendly soil. When I used soil I used fox farm ocean forest. Do not premix fertilizer in soil.
My recipe for coco is very easy. Coco and Perlite in a 60/40 mix.
I went down the worm hole of trying to mix a better soil. My vegetables in the garden thrive on it.