Lots of seeds in my feminized plants!

I just finished growing 4 plants. Purple punch, banana kush, mango kush, and Tropicana cookies. Dried and started the cure last night. I found a ton of seeds in all 4 plants… Is this normal or what could be the cause? Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. It sounds like your plants got pollinated. Did you get any pictures? I’m sorry you had this happen :blush::v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! :v:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve got tons of pictures. At every week into flower among many others. Any particular that’d be the most helpful?

1 Like

Bud shots! Last couple weeks of flower would be the most telling.

Welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Inside grow or outside ?

1 Like

moer likely you had nanners, good news is you have more feminised seeds

Inside. Everything regulated and controlled well! Temp, humidity, Vpd, feed, ec/ppm, etc, etc.

2 Likes

6 Likes

You have done a fine job , nice looking buds . It’s really hard to tell how your plants got pollinated. You mentioned you had a ton of seeds. Enjoy the smoke it looks good. :v::+1:

2 Likes

Any close ups of the buds?
Here’s my bet… something happened (stress/light leak/etc) that sent one into hermaphrodite

You probably got some nanners (pollen sacs) and it affected the crop. It happens, and it’s hard to pin down cause after the fact unless you know that light schedule got screwed somewhere in flower stage, like happened to me

It would be wise to “wash” tent before next run just to make sure no pollen remains. Water is enough to get rid of pollen, but because I’m a weirdo, I’d go over walls with a rubbing alcohol spray too, just because I like to think literally sterilization can’t hurt, and rubbing alcohol is cheap

4 Likes

I’m thinking it was the banana kush. As I was trimming it, it just seemed a bit odd compared to the others. And yeah I started next grow last week and first thing I did was clean the tent, fans, humidifiers, etc, etc!

3 Likes

I’ve had some plants in the past produce seeds due to too much stress. Mainly heat.

3 Likes

My timer got little kitty paw on it that screwed my light schedule for one to two days, only adding a random hour or two in middle of cycle.

Apparently, that was enough as I got some seeds in everything I had going. Luckily not many, but enough to be irritating for sure

2 Likes

Beautiful grow! Pollination of feminized seeds isn’t uncommon. I guess it depends on how many seeds you have to compare to what’s usual.

1 Like

Hard too pinpoint where the crusty Stamen may reside, if you didnt see whilst growing or trimming., might be edible or hash time if its to seedy. More than likely you got pollinated week 3.5 - 6. Are the seeds well developed or small/white and brittle? They will be feminized the seed, yet they are untested and unknown, unstable potentially. :sunglasses:

1 Like

3 Likes