Lot of water low frequency or little water high frequency

Hello, im growing my first plant and so far she is doing very well ! She sprouted out of the ground 6 days ago now (including today) and so far i think shes loving life. I got her in a 17L pot filled almost all the way up (id say 15L filled). Ive been watering her once a day about 25cL of water by “spraying” it (with a jar with holes in it) and i make sure to get the whole area of soil wet to not have dry spots. Every day When i water the top cm maybe cm and a half of soil is dry and bellow is very slightly damp. Ive been hearing that some people give up to 1L+ to seedlings then let the soil dry for 4 days to a week ! Is that really a better way to do it ? Personally im a noobie but id think that when the plant is a seedling making sure the roots have damp soil to grow in would be nice. Let me know what you think !
PS: heres a pic of my girl :slight_smile:

It really depends on the medium you are growing in

Keep in mind that cannabis prefers wet and dry cycles. A plant that size should only need a couple of ml of water a day. It will need even less if you place a clear dome on top of her and mist in it a couple of times a day.

This is my soil, not made specially for cannabis but pH os at 6.5 and it seemed good for the job, its made for citrus plants, olive trees, palm trees and such. Also i can buy it near me so thats a big plus, shipping is a bitch. (Sorry its in french but it has coco fibers in it, sand, compost, horse manure, pozzolana and sphagnum fibres in it at varying concentrations.

I had some legging problems at day 2 and my LED light is about 1.5 meters away so im afraid a dome would deprave her of much needed light, also I dont have a sprayer…

The only thing I don’t see that is pretty important is perlite to help the soil breathe and keep it from getting to compact. This means you will need to let it dry even more in order for the roots to get air. It’s easier to get swampy and weed doesn’t like to stay soaked. If you have access to some perlite I would mix in at least 30% of the total pot size and once your plant is old enough repot it into the new mix

@MeEasy it has a bunch of there little rocks (pozzolana is what theyre called in english i think) if thats what you mean, and it doesnt get swampy at all ! When the soil is damp (not right after watering ofc) its still relatively fluffy.

1 Like

This is the stuff I was talking about and there’s a few more things that are similar to it that’s used. I’m not familiar with the stuff you have but if it does the same thing just forget what I said. I’m used to seeing the white chunks and didn’t see any in your soil.

https://www.amazon.com/Mother-Earth-Perlite-4-4-cu/dp/B0032JPKHY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=NT11HI0V0BTO&dchild=1&keywords=perlite&qid=1611252647&sprefix=Perl%2Caps%2C302&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFDRlpDWFVKMDFTRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRJZD1BMDk3NDY4MTNHWVZFM01DNkJVM1cmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDY3ODA2NDkwVU5CRDIxWUZXRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

Mini green house