Losing hope with Super Skunk

I feel you definately need to get Into bigger pots! Especially if they are 1.5 gallon

You should be in 5 gal minimum in my opinion . Your plant can only grow as big as the pots will allow

1 Like

In my opinion, You should always transplant into larger pots earlier in growth so you don’t have to shock them from moving from pot to pot. That can cause problems

1 Like

I agree with @KeystoneCops and @Bluedonut09 about the bigger pots. You are more than likely root bound.

I use 5 and up to 10 gallon fabric pots. They are cheap on Amazon.

1 Like

Yes. It makes since to me too. I’ll transplant today to larger pots. They actually look pretty good today.

1 Like

So if you’re rootbound, don’t freak out. I’ll tell you what I do, but put that in the hat with advice from others.

It’s a standard transplant, with one modification. When my tomatoes get rootbound, I kinda pluck away the outermost root layer, sides and bottom. That’s what I was taught to do in a commercial operation. Whether that imbues vigor, I don’t know. It never seemed to hurt.

I like Pro Cal nursery pots myself. They’re just robust as heck. I’m also about reuse. I’m sure fabric pots are reusable, but are they easy to sterilize with bleach (I don’t know)?

Containers aren’t really a huge outlay, so I think you can justify using whatever system you want.

2 Likes

I can’t add anything to or disprove your method. I’m sure there is something to that. I just plant it directly in to a bigger pot. Main thing is transplant before they start to flower. You want the plant to be as happy as you can get it for the stretch into flower. It will make a big difference during the flowering process.

1 Like

I put them in 2.5 gallon pots and they’ve never looked happier! Lesson learned! Thanks everyone for your support!

3 Likes

These look absolutely beautiful now starting its 7th week of flower! They have all recieved the same care yet they aren’t all the same. One of them is suddenly different than the others. The fan leaves around the colas are drying and curling up fast. It was time for a flush anyway so all I have done is flush it. I’m keeping an eye on the tricomes for early maturity if that’s the case. I’m not sure what else to do at this point. When I water the plant with curled leaves, the water seems to go straight through the soil into the pan underneath. Is it possible it’s maturing early?

Buehler…

Dead thread? Anyone?

I guess I’ll just go back to trial and error. Could use someone with experience right now but I guess I’ll figure out myself.

Pictures of both the plant and closeup of trichomes under normal light would be helpful. It sounds like you’re watering too quickly if the water is running out of the pot right away.

It’s possible your plant finished or is nearly finished at 7 weeks. It’s also possible that it died prematurely. Unless the 4 plants are actually clones, they will probably mature differently.

1 Like

The tricomes look the same on both, mostly white.

You’re viewing them under more than 30x magnification, right?

1 Like

Yes. I’ve got a digital microscope. I’ll get you pictures in a moment. I think you’re right about over watering. Sucks to screw up this close to the end when they were looking so good. These were seeds so that makes sense that they mature different. I’m just glad the others drank it up instead of this.

1 Like

I think the plants look good; the new processes you’re seeing are just normal senescence, and nothing to be worried about.

Just to clarify, I meant that you’re literally pouring water too fast, not that you’re watering too frequently. I’m only going by your description though.

1 Like

Image_2020-01-30 12_02_45_676 Image_2020-01-30 12_02_30_873

Sorry about the crappy pictures but I think you very the idea. First posture is the one that’s curling.