Losing hope with Super Skunk

I’m getting really frustrated! On my second grow and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I thought I was over watering so I let it dry up before watering. As soon as I watered it looked over watered again. I would fill out a support ticket but I don’t know where tipp start. I’m about to just give up when I run out of seeds.

Hey @Red4! It can be very frustrating at first, but hang in there! You’re in good hands here on the forum. How are you determining when they’re “dried up”? Can you post some pics of the plants? The support ticket will help, and it prevents a bunch of different people asking questions…puts it all in one place. Let’s start with what kind of soil and what size pots you’re in. Those are the big ones when it comes to when and how to water them. For instance, lots of folks are hesitant to transplant, and start them in their final homes. That’s great, but it makes it easy to overwater a tiny seedling in a big pot. And they seem to stall for a while while the roots fill out all that soil, so new growers often see that as something wrong with their plants. Our first instinct is to jump in and do something to help them, but most of the grow, the best thing you can do is step back and be patient.

4 Likes

Here ya go

ILGM.Admin-USDA Certified Grower
Feb '15
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

I copied this from another page hope it helps welcome to the forum good luck

1 Like

Can you also describe container volume? Pictures would also be helpful @red4

1 Like

Strain; Type, Super Skunk

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
Soil in pots
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS I’m using Fox Farm nutrients for soil and following their instructions

Indoor or Outdoor indoor
Light system, size?
My room is 2ft.×7ft. with 3 1000watt LED
Temps; Day, Night
75°-79° Day 62°-65° Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Stays about 30%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes filtered 4" vent with 190CFM fan on intake and exhaust
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
None
Co2; Yes, No
No

I’ll have more information soon. My pots are 1.75 gallons I think.

Can we get more info about your 1000w LED lights? The make and model would be perfect.

Also, what soil are you using?

1 Like

I have one KingLED full spectrum. It’s one without the veg. and flower switch. The other 2 are Lonwon without the switch. I’ll see if I can numbers soon. The soil is Fox Farm Happy Frog.

I purchased 3 cheap (relatively) LED lights on Amazon, and while they work, they need to be really close. And I’d run them at full power.

My next step is to follow @dbrn32 and build a quantum board from Horticultural Lighting Group. They can advise you on a good setup, but the QB 120 looks like my route.

2 Likes

They are very close. I’ve only got 3 plants under them. I’m thinking next time I’ll transplant to a larger pot in stages instead of straight in a large one.

The leaves are growing really big and wide but it’s not growing up. You wouldn’t believe how many leaves they are making. My lights are about 3 feet from the plants.

Looking at the spec for your lights, they’re heavier in the blue than most people would prefer. I’m no expert, but I’d lower them to 18” or less and turn on the additional flower chips. Like I said, I made the same “mistake” by buying the least expensive LEDs, which until very recently seem to underperform HID, watt for watt.

If the plant isn’t growing, it isn’t transpiring, which means it isn’t drawing water. Or at least that’s my understanding.

1 Like

1 Like

I bet I’ve already taken 50 leaves off of them. It was ridiculous. Some of them were as big as my hand. The one in the back started growing up for a little bit and stopped.

They don’t look terrible. How old are they?

1 Like

They looked much worse before. They’ve even got better since this morning. They are a month old.

Have you peeked at the root system lately? It might be time to transplant to a 3 or 5 gallon pot.

3 Likes

I haven’t looked at the roots. I will though.

2 Likes

Use topping, fimming or defoliating to promote the growth you want.

Taking from the top will cause them to Bush / fill out

Taking leaves from the bottom will cause it to grow vertically or stretch

You can also do the same by manipulating the distance of the lights from the plants

1 Like

I’ve been talking the large leaves off the bottom and sides. I haven’t touched the tops.