Looks like I found a Hermie, I need to trash this plant immediately right?!?

I need advice on what to do with this apparent hermie. Only two plants in my 2x4 tent, 1 was not producing very big buds yet super duper Frosty. The other one took a week or so longer to start developing buds but it looks great plenty of long healthy looking buds. Chop’t open some of the plump calyxes on the suspect gal and found this

I think my only choice is to get this gal out of there immediately as I’ve always heard.

As far as I can tell I do not have any light leaks and the suspect hermie wasn’t showing any bananas. Mostly the structure of the buds, fat plump calyxes, and not many pistols was my first concern there was a problem. Here’s a picture of the hermie and the actual calyxes I cut open

And this is a picture of the gal next to the suspect her me and her bud/pistil structures are much healthier longer and normal looking

1 Like

Are those seeds? If so, you might as well let her go. Too late now…

2 Likes

One of the buds on my chocolope did that early but I never inspected. White pistils reappeared after about a week

You tell me lol. I think they re seeds. I posted a topic on how my 2 gals looked so different yet same genetics, and someone suggested the small clunky budded one looked like it had stopped producing bud in favor of seeds and said to cut open a calyx and check for seeds. This is what I found. Theyre tiny lil things (why I put pen head in pic) but they do seems like seeds.

1 Like

Your plant has been pollinated. If it’s from a hermie, I don’t know. If the other plants have all been together, they may (probably will) be pollinated also…

1 Like

So it sounds like gently get the suspect hermie out the tent and destroyed and hope the normal lookin gal doesnt get to seedy. I’m at day 43 frm 12/12 flip (wk 7?)

At this point it’s pretty much all you can do. I would definitely be watching the other plant.

1 Like

I’d let them go. Won’t make much of a difference. Of course you can rid yourself of the suspect, but that won’t change the damage already done. Just make sure it’s the culprit and not just another victim…

4 Likes

bumpin for more views/respones

1 Like

Even though I’m around Dave 45 week 7 from 12 12 flip so theoretically close to the end I think I may go ahead and trash her anyways. Here’s a couple of pictures of her Cola tops and as you can see buds really aren’t filling in up the stocks at all. Even if she doesn’t pollinate her sister I’m not sure the limited amount of buds I get will even be worth the last couple of weeks. Here’s pictures of the suspected hermie

1 Like

Find the male parts first. It would be a shame to trash a plant and find the hermie plant later (if it exists).

1 Like

2 Likes

Find something that looks like this…

2 Likes

Lil confused as to what youre suggesting? I only have 2 plants. As far as I can tell (& I’m a newbie) no visible male parts. The whole plant looks the same at the above pic, small little buds, not spreading up the stem, and small amount of pisyils, especially compared to the sister in tent w tons of pistils and nice long filling buds up the stem.

That pick helps thanx. I dont have anything like that on either plants, the suspect hermie or the healthy lookin 1

If you don’t have male parts, you don’t have a hermie. If you have a hermie, all the plants in that tent are more than likely pollinated. If you haven’t taken that plant out for long walks, both of your plants will be pollinated. I’m just recommending caution.

These are the only maybe odd signs I can find, first pick is what appears to be a single plump calyxe and I found examples of this on a couple of the branches. The second pic is the single hair like stick out things. I don’t see either of these things on the normal looking plant

Male parts won’t have trichomes. I don’t see anything to worry about.

2 Likes

Thanks for sticking with the conversation Marine. I know I’m being wishy-washy I just hate to waste LOL. And I hate to waste the good plant if the one plant is throwing pollen LOL. I’ve heard others also say in the past anything male parts, balls, bananas, won’t have trichomes. Everything on the suspected plant is covered in trichomes. I guess maybe I should just go ahead and let it finish like you said the other ones already got whatever is going to happen to it probably? I’m super Almost sure those are tiny little seeds I found but no other signs… although the whole suspect plant looks virtually the same, the one I did chop the top off and open up was the only Cola that got within 10 in of the light as it was almost 2 in taller than the rest of the colas.