Looking to up grade my exhaust fan

Well as far as I know the only authorized resellers are linked on HLG main site. I got mine from growerslights and also another HLG model from ledgrowlightsdepot these and 2 others are available from a drop down on the HLG main site.
Are the ones your finding actual HLG or on alibaba etc?
There are other competing lights similar to HLG like spider farms 4000 etc that do cost less

There are some advantages to having 2 separate fixtures covering a 4x4 versus just one like being able to have one at different height than the other due to plant height etc. if one stops working at least you have the other until you get things fixed or replaced etc

1 Like

I went to the website didn’t see the xl so just looking around I googled too see if the xl was different than the one on the web page. I didn’t see a pull down menu of authorized resellers just seen them for sale. Just seem like the price is different then a link I was sent before. I’m going to check and make sure I was on there actual website and not someone else the first time. Thanks

The XL is extra long heat sink that better covers the 4 foot long run and boards have gap between them giving more even coverage.
The “regular” uses a different sized heat sink and boards are close together.
They used to have and may still offer one that’s wide heat sink…I think anyway

Edit was growershouse I gues not growerslights but things change and they could have at one time been a retailers hell I can’t remeber lol

Ok it was from growerslights and they still offer them just not shown as a retailer on HLG site so I don’t know if they still an Authorized retailer or closing out their stock???

3 Likes

Thanks again for your help I had to watch a couple assembly videos. Seriously thinking about putting this order in right now. Just really wondering if it will make that big of a difference. But everyone talks about how great of a light it is so I want to join the crowd.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what light you’re currently using, but HLG’s r-spec lights are worth every penny if you want to maximize your grow.

2 Likes

A Mars 1000 a vivosun 600 and a kingled 1000 watt is what I have right now.

1 Like

The hlg v2 r-spec 550 is better than all those lights put together. :+1:

(And cheaper to run)

3 Likes

Thanks once again for the advice I put my order in for the hlg 260 xl just getting 1 for now after we buy our house I will get another if this makes a noticable difference. Lmao that was the promise I had to make to my wife to get these while we trying to buy a crib in the middle of the city being shut down lmao. Again thanks!

2 Likes

More versatile to have 2 HLG 260’s than a HLG550

1 Like

I do plan on getting another it was hard enough to get my wife to agree to this 1 lol after 4 blunts I think she was in a weed coma by time I told her the plan lmao.

2 Likes

These guys have it. If you specifically want controls, hyperfan with controller is way to go. Imo it’s a little louder than ac infinity and more expensive when buying both units, but controller is more ideal for our uses. It has a number of presets but also has a minimum fan speed setting. So you’re able to set it up to keep a small amount of airflow through space even when it’s not at ideal condition. When it needs to the fan will ramp up or down based on your settings.

Otherwise they are both DC powered mixed flow fans. Very efficient on power usage in comparison to others and dc speed control is 1000x better than ac resistor control.

2 Likes

@dbrn32
Do you know of any Integrated controllers that will control the hyperfan speed according to rh? Kind of like the atlas Saturn 4/5, but not just on/off?

2 Likes

The only one I’m aware of bases control off of temp, not rh

1 Like

Bummer. I couldn’t find anything either.

1 Like