Looking to up grade my exhaust fan

right now i have a older 6’ vivosun inline that doesn’t seem to work good enough to pull air through the carbon filter. So im looking at upgrading to the Cloud line T6 but was looking for some reviews on how good the temp/humidity controls perform to justify the extra $50. was also looking at the Vivosun 6" that comes with the filter for a cheaper price but really like the controller on the Cloud Line if it really works. Any advice would be appreciated.
https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-CLOUDLINE-T6-Temperature/dp/B074XBXFPD/ref=sxin_5?ascsubtag=amzn1.osa.8f1c38e8-99b2-450d-a8fd-121719b9d490.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&creativeASIN=B074XBXFPD&cv_ct_cx=grow+tent+exhaust+fan&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osa.8f1c38e8-99b2-450d-a8fd-121719b9d490.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=osp-single-source&dchild=1&keywords=grow+tent+exhaust+fan&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B074XBXFPD&pd_rd_r=de313059-e0ec-4d4e-9362-f7a74e2522a0&pd_rd_w=ft2Ir&pd_rd_wg=JnxxC&pf_rd_p=b9bea1c2-6981-439e-9086-1a31b4eafe7d&pf_rd_r=JVWX7KH8VJGMENXHNRZ3&qid=1587481957&s=industrial&sr=1-1-72d6bf18-a4db-4490-a794-9cd9552ac58d&tag=21oak-20

I have the older cloudline 6” model and I’m extremely happy with it. It’s worth the controller in my opinion.
I’m not sure what the vivosun uses in energy, but the cloud line uses 43w on high. (I checked) That makes it more energy efficient than most. Secondly most fans aren’t operated on high, so you’ll be saving even more.
There are many people on this forum that love AC Infinity products and you won’t hear a single complaint that I know of about them.

3 Likes

Yep, love AC Infinity fans, I have a couple of the S6 model without the temp/humidity control as I use them to air-cool my HPS and MH lights, so I want them on all them time anyway so didn’t need the extra functions from the T6.

3 Likes

I was in a similar situation as you. I bought the T6 with the hopes of controlling the humidity and the temp in the tent simultaneously…the T6 does not do that. The fan is activated when either temp set point or the humidity high or low set point has been activated and of course humidity drops because the air is being exhausted.

With that being said I run the fan as an exhaust fan and I run it on the hight temp setting only, my dehu and humidifier have to still be controlled via a Bluebird controller.

When comparing the T6 to the Vivosun 6" fan (I had the same one also) the T6 kills it hands down. The T6 MOVES air and it does it so much better then the Vivosun does and here’s why…PWM or pulse width modulation. When the AC controller is coming up on your high setpoint it starts “modulating” voltage to the fan, the fan comes on slow, setting 1 and slowly builds up to 10 (no there is not an 11) if need be. Where as the vivosun just goes full blast (if using some type of temp controller) until the temp drops and then shuts off. This gives you much better control of air extraction within the tent and your humidity doesn’t all get sucked out. Just the shear fact of the way the T6 fan operates is worth buying it and replacing older dinosaur fans. You won’t regret the purchase.

3 Likes

Thank you think I will put my order in now. Might skip the controller since I do have a inkbird temp and humidity controller.

1 Like

Have you checked the pre filter on the carbon filter as it could be clogged causing the fan to struggle. Or the carbon filter could need replaced

4 Likes

Yea it was a new filter hardly used. the fan I picked up from swap meet for $5 I’m sure it just not to good.

I was just getting ready to say exactly what @Skydiver but, that seems not to be the issue :v:

1 Like

So if you run the fan without the filter hooked up does it still lack flow?
FYI no need to hook carbon filter up until later in the grow when that wonderful smell comes.

I would also run the fan + carbon filter but with the pre filter covering off and see how that works. The pre filter can look clean but really needs washed.

1 Like

@Skydiver been running it without the carbon this grow in the final week now but wasn’t getting any pull with the sleeve off either so I just took filter off. Just wanted to get a new one for when I flip these stinky organic girls.

Gotcha
If you haven’t ordered yet here is another option to consider.

1 Like

@Skydiver thanks going to take a look also looking to get better lighting I was advised on some light on my grow journal going back to take a look at getting that also. What’s your advice on lights

For a 4x4 I would get (and I have them) 2 HLG 260 XL with r-Spec. I use 2 to cover 1/2 of one of my 4x8 tents and they work great.

2 Likes

That’s the light I was advised on do you have to buy extra parts or is it a kit with everything I just have to put it together?

1 Like

It’s a kit that you put together that has everything needed. If you want to mount the driver outside of the tent you would need additional power cords to extend it and some wire that will probably be left over from the build to connect a ground to the driver as when mounted to heat sink that’s the ground.
You can also spend about $30 ? Extra and they will pre assemble it for you but it isn’t too difficult and many videos out there on assembling it plus people on here too.

Note
Not sure if they still offer pre assembly or not
Not sure if they come with the rope hangers or not…there are about 4 retailers you can choose from that are linked at the HLG web site

2 Likes

I bought a hyperfan a month or so ago. Fantastic. Beats the crap out of the i power and vivosun fans I’ve been using.

The phresh filter is the size of a keg.

3 Likes

The hyper fan is awesome and at 1/2 the energy use and as it runs 24/7 365 it adds up. Yea the Phresh filters are monsters but they say last 2 years and better based on the added cost.

Did you get the advanced controller too? One that adjusts speed automatically based on your settings?

3 Likes

Just the speed controller that comes with it. I already have temp and rh controllers (although they’re led and I’m open to suggestions for the flowering area).

@Skydiver were did you get your light? I see some sites have it $100 cheaper than the HLG website. Don’t want to get ripped off but $100 is alot to save. I’m bout to look into this place growace dot com.

Lmao that didn’t take long to find out that sites not worth the gamble lol