Looking to light a 4x4 tent, help!

Yea I’ve seen a lot of side by sides for non cannabis and white lights are just better, I don’t think I’d ever spend the money on anything colorful, plus it’s gonna be easier to depict colors

Full load current is labeled on the drivers. I think they’re about 2.5 Amps for those kits. Your beakers shouldn’t be loaded to more than 70%of their current rating either.

2 Likes

2 of these

Love this!

Here’s my vote for budget grow lights. They provide assembled light kits in the same price range as HLG kits, including a dimmer switch!!

Very satisfied with them, their product and my plants really respond well to the Samsung lm301B panels

Those lights pull 100w at the wall. Even if they have the same efficacy as an hlg qb ( which I highly doubt), you’d need at least 5-6 of them for flowering. 2 probably wouldn’t even be enough for veg.

I know it may sound like I’m being harsh, but don’t throw good money away on mediocre lighting. If you want good buds you need good lights. Trust me.

2 Likes

If you’re still on the fence fwiw I use a Mars Hydro TSL 2000 in a 4x4 - a TSL1000 would be good reasonable pull it out and plug it in LED solution for a 2x2 at 140. Amazon. 2000 model is 260. :sunglasses:

so what kind of light should I get that will make the whole 4x4 veg and flower?

1 Like

A HLG Quantum Board.

1 Like

You can’t go wrong

4 Likes

ill take some pictures of the plants here in a week or so and show ya whats goiing on

Mine are showing up today can’t wait to assemble

1 Like

Spoken like a true OG!

@Drinkslinger Was this reply meant for me? Or the Mars Hydro post?

I’m using the XL version of this: budgetgrowlights

edit, removed link not approved

It was a response to the mars hydro post.
:+1:

1 Like

Hello,in reference to the HLG group 260 watt XL VR2 R- spec. Quantum board. Please permit me to ask a question, I’m not very keen on lighting. The dimmer,can you explain to me when to dim down and when to increase the lighting,do I dim down to flower or to veggie or increase lighting during flowering.assuming I maintain a constant 36” space between light and top of plant.Clearly I’m a beginner,I have this light and ready to do this for the 1st time.Any advice will be a huge help for me,also I’m using a 4x4 tent going with s.o.g. Thanks

I run mine full speed. Now that it is warming up here it has made the grow room get over 110 degrees so I turned them down. Problem solved. Almost hit 80.

LED lights fail the bang for the buck test for me still. Let me get this straight. One can buy what is considered a good/decent LED light like the HLG 260watt QB V2 for about $300 (from a quick google), or one could buy a 600 watt HPS/MH setup for half that price. The 600 watt HPS is going to outperform that 260 watt LED when it comes to yield, so why pay twice as much for a light that puts out less. I don’t get it, what am I missing?

Thanks for your reply.be sure I understand your response,it’s ok to run it at the same setting for both veggie and flowering.On a different subject I’m a 100% DAV and that’s why I’m trying to do this grow,I was told by the VA that even if it’s state legal, being run by the government the can not allow me to obtain medical herb.I read your a DAV also so I’m just chirping in on what you wrote.My first attempt at a grow and I’m just trying to understand these lights and how to use them without failing or burning my place down.

You can use your dimmer to your advantage for multiple reasons. The biggest in my opinion, is to reduce power consumption when full light output isn’t needed. In a perfect world your lighting would be sized to hit ideal energy levels during the flowering period of plants. That’s usually a 12 hour light schedule. When the plants are vegging you would typically run something like an 18 hour light schedule. With the longer veg schedule you can hit the same daily light integral at roughly 60% light output. Making a 40% reduction in power consumption there should lower your energy usage and make environmentals more easy to manage.

3 Likes