Looking so good, then this started

Got 5 gallons into one, and now I have to empty my vacuum water bucket & refill my fresh water bucket.

There’s a bit of a smell, not too strong, coming off of it. Maybe the fish/seaweed being leeched out so quickly?

1 Like

@blizzybetty

Yeap, do not stop, it’s normal, hot soil, FFOF and most probably your greenhouse mix, contain sea product amendement :wink:

And take the time it takes to do it properly and please, do what I said in my last post if you can :grinning::wink:

2 Likes

I adjusted the pH to 6.4 and added 9 gallons to one. I am going to add 3 more. It took me over an hour for the one. I would love to distill my water, but I don’t have the time/space/etc. The ro filter will be here by next week. I’ll start using that water asap, I promise!

Okay, getting ready to finish my first,and then keep going down the line. I’ll probably only have time to do 2 more, today. I’ll do the most severely affected. Tomorrow, I’ll start early in the day.

2 Likes

I edited the above, b/c I need to add 3 more gallons to my first, to make 12,total.

1 Like

It’s freaking hot! Picked a good day to do this, with outside temps being so cold.

1 Like

Hey, sister, I hope that your water flush is tempered at at least room temperature ! ?

1 Like

Oh, yes. I use water that’s between 68-72F.

1 Like

I feel for you Blizzybetty but speaking as a bystander this is just awesome. I mean, you basically projected a silhouette of a marijuana leaf onto the clouds and all these super heroes swoop in to help.

Which one’s bat-guano man?

2 Likes

@Niala @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 there was a concern about the pot size. Did that get resolved?

2 Likes

I just transplanted 2 weeks ago.

Right?! I’m over here sweating, and hot, and miserable (all this kneeling/bending is doing a number on my joints), yet absolutely happy with the world, b/c I found a place where people are willing to help, rather than laugh at my extremely apparent noob-ness.

This place is very conducive to learning! Plus, I feel very good knowing that you all, especially @Niala, actually really want me to succeed.

I’m feeling very positive and hopeful…and poor. Lol!

5 Likes

They’re good guys and will help you out. I’m astonished at how friendly & helpful this forum is. If it wasn’t for that <cough> dickhead DVM making snarky comments <cough> it would be perfect

Heheh, something like that, if it all works out anyway

Have you considered picking up distilled water from the supermarket? A dollar a gallon isn’t too terrible, at least in the short term?

1 Like

Where I live, it’s $5 gallon. :persevere: The closest town is a 200 mile r/t drive in treacherous road conditions.

My ro system will be here by next Friday, though! I’m hoping that between that & flushing, things will turn around.

I also hope that I can avoid these issues with my next grow, now that I absolutely, 100% know better.

1 Like

Where do you live? Mordor? Well, well water it is then

3 Likes

No, it’s much colder here. Lol!

1 Like

The mods work very hard to maintain the decorum. There is no insulting commentary anywhere here. Occasionally we get someone who can do no wrong so it’s the genetics lol.

A lot of us are new (er) growers and may appear more knowledgeable despite our newer status but it’s because everyone is so damned helpful!

Join us in the “Thoughts from the Morning Garden” and you can admire @Willd’s nose hits lol.

6 Likes

Ok. The 3 most affected plants have been flushed!

Tomorrow, I will flush the other 3.

Thanks, everyone, for hanging out and helping me! Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Last entry for the day:

These are the 2 other plants I have going. They are only potted in greenhouse soil, and haven’t been fed much at all.

The Am Haze (in screen) is small, but very healthy! She was a freebie.

The other I rescued from my last grow. It’s a clone taken from a plant 5 weeks into flower. I started it in a rapid rooter using a germination tray/heat mat on 12/15/17. Yes, I did already flip it, b/c I don’t have another tent. This was an experiment, one that looks like it’s going well.

So, I am very hopeful that the others will pull through!

1 Like

4 Likes

No new necrotic bottom leaves on the 3 I flushed, but the pale newest growth is starting to twist & dry out from the tips, now. What does this mean for any buds trying to form? Will they grow from these tips?

I’m going to flush the other 3 plants, shortly. These 3 are not nearly as bad as the 2 O’haze Reds or 1 Strawberry Chscake I flushed, yesterday.

@Niala How long until the nute lockouts, caused by the toxicity, will balance out, and my bud sites start turning green again? Oh, and good morning!

1 Like