Looking so good, then this started

At day 6 after flipping lights. Growing in soil. 600wLED. Absolutely no leaf issues until 3 days ago. I have not been feeding too heavily, as I transplanted into hot soil 2 weeks ago, in 3 gal smart pots. Temps 81 day/64 night. Humidity averaging 50%. Last feed added an micro, b52 to water; foliar fed with nirvana. Soil pH between 6.4-6.8. Watering approximately 10 cups every 2 or 3 days

My last grow, this happened, too. I never could figure out what the heck I screwed up. This grow, I was much more careful with everything, then this happens, anyway.

On many fan leaves, the tips are becoming this dull brown & drooping/drying. On the newest grow, it’s pale, which is normal, but not like this, right? Plus some weird patches in the middle of new growth near bud nodes/tips.

I’m so freaking stressed about this. I’m beginning to think I just have a black thumb. I need to go smoke.

2 Likes

I’m not a soil guy but I’ll tag a couple @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

3 Likes

First, welcome to ILGM forum :grinning:, you’ll find very knowledgeable poeple here who are willing to share their knowledge and help you :grinning:

I have a couple of questions since we don’t have all the informations needed to give you a fair diagnostic…

If you please fill out this support ticket

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, photoperiod or autoflowering, , Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, what’s the brand of your hot soil or , if you made it, please, give us the proportion of all you put in it…

PH of runoff ? And with what you measure the pH, a probe or a pH pen, if pH pen did you calibrate it ?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS, do you have a TDS/EC pen meter?

And what is the brand of your 600W led

Temps; Day, Night, we know it

Humidity; Day, Night, an average is not good enough

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

It’s propably the size of pots, 3 gallons, that cause problem and probably phosphorus excess or iron deficiency or both cause by the excess, imo…

The only way to be sure and give you an accurate diagnostic is to have the respond to all those questions, otherwise, it will be only a guess…

Hope that’s gone a help you @blizzybetty, just tag us and we will be happy to help you…

~Al :v: :innocent:

5 Likes

Al, no excess N? Was thinking N toxicity.

4 Likes

N excess would not have the new growth yellowing, have chlorosis @Myfriendis410 :wink:

Phosphorus excess can lead to Cal / Mag deficiencies, Iron and Zinc deficiencies that lead to yellowing of the new growth…

7 Likes

I’m glad I asked!

1 Like

I’M glad that you have ask too my dear friend :grinning: :+1: :ok_hand: :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

Strain: all fem photo Strawberry Cheesecake, O’haze Red, and Fruit Punch. O’haze is sativa. I tried it last grow, and something similar happened. This grow, the indica dom SC + the OR are showing symptoms. The fruit punch has very few funky leaves, if any.

Soil in pots is a blend of FFOF and a mix from a reputable local greenhouse; last grow I only used the local mix

Soil pH is 6.8, measured using an Apera phb3 pen which was calibrated 3 days ago. My water is well water, it has a pH of 8.5, and is very hard.

What is strength of nutrient mix? I do not have a tds meter. I’ve been feeding very little nutes since about day 28,when I noticed SC getting the claw. I’ve been feeding .5ml/l micro & .25ml/l b-52. I started foliar feeding with a .25ml/l solution of nirvana a week ago. In my last grow, I fed fairly heavily, using all 3 parts & supplements; I did not use nirvana. I feed once a week.

I am using a 600W GalaxyHydro led

Temps; Day, Night, we know it

Humidity: Day–44 Nighth-66

Ventilation system: yes. My light runs cool, so nothing fancy. I have an 8" fan pulling out from the top, I have 3 intake vents open on the bottom with a fan on the outside blowing in air on one side, I have an air mover in front of that intake blowing against the side & dispersing air throughout tent, and a clip fan blowing over the tops of the growth.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2? No

I repotted from 1/2 gallon to 3 gallon two weeks ago; last grow the only plants I had issues with were in 3gal pots, while the 2gal pots were fine. Up until 2 days ago, there were no visible issues.

Well, hold on…I just put the air mover fan inside the tent on Fri. After 2 days, a few bottom leaves on the plants getting too much air started drooping & getting weird. I moved the fan so it didn’t directly blow on any of the plants; the 2 plants with the most leaf issues are now getting a lot of ricocheting air. I know that can’t be causing the problem, but could it be contributing?

Also, the Nirvana is a new variable, but I don’t think that’s the issue, unless it triggered my girls to grow too fast & eat up too many nutes? Since I didn’t use it last grow, I don’t think this is the issue.

I have an Amnesia Haze growing in a different tent. She’s a picky lady. She’s not showing any of these issues.

My last grow, I thought it was a zinc deficiency, so I put some zinc nails in the soil, per some advice, to try to remedy that. Didn’t work.

I haven’t been using much in the way of phosphorus, if you check my nutes. Could the pH be affecting uptake? Could I be underwatering, as well?

I want to learn what’s going on so that I can prevent it in the future. Can somebody please help me figure this out? I smoke waaay too much not to be able to legally grow my own. Black thumb be damned! :grinning:

I live in a very rural area, so if I need to buy something, it’ll take at least a week to get to me via mail.

***While waiting to be able to post this reply, I watered each with a gallon of pH 6.0 water; runoff measured at pH 6.5. I don’t want to rush & just start doing things, but I thought this was an appropriate first step? With my luck, I just killed them. Lol.

@Niala

3 Likes

If I’m looking at P toxicity, how do I solve that? A heavy flush?

If it is a P excess that’s locking out Iron & zinc, can I begin treating by feeding with a foliar spray?

I ordered General Hydro Floraclean, and paid $13 extra for overnight delivery. In for a penny, in for a pound, right?

I am not doing anything, until I know what I need to do. So far, just the heavy watering to lower pH.

@Niala @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @dbrn32 @Hogmaster

How much have you been feeding them?

I notice you have no Calcium supplement and are actually feeding extremely light by most standards and deficiencies often look quite similar to toxicity.

by any chance was this around same time as problem started because last I checked nirvana was a bacterial rooting microbe mix used in hydro

Another of Nirvana’s potent bud potentiator ingredients is bat guano that contains nitrogen, trace elements, amino acids, nucleic acids, proteins and minerals. Bat guano is rapidly-absorbed by plants, enhancing growth.
Along with guano, Nirvana has a yeast component that contains 22 essential amino acids that build plant proteins, and it’s also loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins are particularly useful for cloning, seedlings, transplanting, motherplants and gardens where plants are being pushed hard for production.

“Before I was using Nirvana I was kind of resigned thinking that the price of staying organic was that I lost some harvest weight. But I gave Nirvana a try. I used it as a foliar spray about 3 weeks before I went to flowering and as a root feed after that. You could see the difference right away. The flowers are bigger and they have a sweeter taste!”

I used it as a foliar spray about 3 weeks before I went to flowering and as a root feed after that
I am also fairly sure it could easily burn leaves if lights come on before it drys but much of the damage I am seeing looks more like clogged stomata and burnt leafs? Also as for dosing when doing any foliar feeds just a drop and once a week on average I don’t advocate foliar feeds often unless dealing with certain deficiencies which nutrients are less mobile like Cal

2 Likes

I am using HOT soil, hence not feeding heavy. I was feeding regularly, but started noticing nitrogen toxicity several weeks back. After checking out phosphorus toxicity v. deficiency, it does seem as if there is a toxicity. I was sure it couldn’t be that, but with how my leaves are acting…

The issue started almost a week after foliar feeding with Nirvana. Please read my ticket thing. I’ve had this issue before, w/o nirvana.

Thanks for your time & help!

If you are confident it is a toxicity then you need a tdds/ppm/EC meter to do a proper flush and be sure but a start point would be full rinse flush 3-4x volume of pot of straight ph adjusted water. Water slowly let it soak then continue to water the rest of 9-12gal through each pot monitoring run off only as it slows to trickle. since you are under a scrog shopvac trays

3 Likes

The weird white spots are definitely from the spray staying on the leaves, too long. The middle droopy growth with dark/green brown tips is definitely not from that. The super pale new growth seems to be a couple micronutrient deficiencies caused by some sort of lockout.

I am new, so I have a limited number of replies. I’m trying to get as much info into each post as I can.

I so want it to be a deficiency, but after Niala got me thinking, I frantically searched for info to prove him wrong! Lol. Yeah…it’s most likely an excess, which is causing other issues. My last grow, I just kept throwing nutes at them b/c I panicked. They just got worse & worse. This time, I tried holding back, but with my very hard water, I think it makes things worse.

I definitely cannot afford an ro system, so my well water is something I have to learn to work with.

1 Like

I am a mod so you are no longer a basic member but I am off for the night so fill free to post and tag others I am pretty sure you aren’t spamming or a bot :wink:

4 Likes

read above post

1 Like

Thank you!

Not a bot, just a pothead with a black thumb. So, so black.

4 Likes

Apera EC meter is on the way. I was going to get one several weeks ago, but people in another forum told me not to, and I listened to them. I’ve since learned not to completely trust that forum.

I probably would be ahead of the game if I had bought one & been utilizing it already. Live & learn.

9 Likes

Hey @blizzybetty your in great hands just wanted to stip in and say hello and welcome to forum
:v: CB

4 Likes