Looking like it’s starting to flower

Ok! I just noticed little white pistles popping out. Anything new that I need to do at this stage?

2 Likes

Wait on the stretch keep doing what your doing.

1 Like

Keep on keeping on… the magic is about to happen…

tumblr_mbqhqwQJtp1rihb51o1_500

4 Likes

If applicable, use flowering nutrients with higher P & K. I always add silica too.

2 Likes

I put worm castings down two days ago.

1 Like

So when you say “white pistols popping out” .
Exactly where are these pistols located?
Are there groups of them or just 2 at a time where limbs pop out on the main stalk?

1 indicates maturity and is not the flower stage.

The other is the beginning of flower.
Very important to know before makeing any changes…

1 Like

2 Likes

That is preflowers as in a noun. This is when the plant hits maturity and lets ya know if its male or female.

The preflower stage comes some time after maturity and will display as groups of those calxy with pistols popping out on the tips of branches and bud sites.

So dont change to flower nutrients yet or change anything really, continue on with veg nutrients :+1:

1 Like

Are you using dry admendments? I noticed you said worm castings… what kind of medium are you growing in?

Organic soul called Indacanja

1 Like

Gotcha. What size pot are you growing jn? If less than 15 gallons, youre going to need amendments for flower.

1 Like

It’s less than that. Any suggestions? When should I apply them?

There are many different options out there. Personally i use Coast of Maine Dry Amendments. Here is a feeding chart for them. I use their Stonington Blend which is very similar to your Indicaja. Keep in mind though that with dry amendments, you think 2 weeks ahead because thats how long it takes the nutes to start releasing and avail for the plant to use. The good thing is, the plant uses what it needs. I would supplement cal mag every third watering to help supplement. The worm castings as a top dress is also recommended which you have done. Check out this feeding schedule.

1 Like

Here isna link to my grow journal i started today if youd like to tag along. I have a new grow and flowering that started today.

I top dress with the fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3. 1 cup per foot of plant.