Looking for wisdom

First grow and not entirely sure.

I use a Phlizon 600W LED Light, Full Spectrum Double Switch - Veg and Flower- 600W(10W LEDs 60Pcs)

the light on amazon (<-- link)

I’ve had it on the VEG switch for about a week now and just switched BLOOM on hoping for bigger plants.

• Should I just use VEG for that stage and BLOOM for budding?
  • Is it harmless to run full spectrum with seedlings awaiting to pop?
  • this is my old light LINK - should I use this instead?

Lots of questions I know but as usual I state I’m a noob. Thanks :smiley:

Run just the veg setting for the first week or two and then go full blast. Also that light is only good for about i2x2 tent one plant really

2 Likes

I just looked at your other light to both of them are pretty shity really man really if you want to go LED talk to @dbrn32 he knows his stuff

2 Likes

@dbrn32 any thoughts? The Phlizon was suggested by a friend who’s been looking forward to this light but doesn’t the coin. Is there something better you know of?

2 Likes

There’s a lot better available. How big is grow space?

3 Likes

Always something better. How big is your tent and how much can you spend lol here he comes flying in

6 Likes

@HornHead Thank you for quick reply!

@imSICKkid I’d like to keep it under $100 BUT I want a good grow/yield etc (don’t we all). So any suggestions will be considered as I beg for knowledge.

@dbrn32 current tent It’s in my closet, LITTERALY squeezes in perfectly.

3 Likes

You should go check out the DIY threads for the LEDs you will be impressed!

2 Likes

Sir dbrn, leader of light, follower of no one…ever lol

7 Likes

To be completely blunt and honest, your not going to get a good light for under a hundred bucks. Unless you happen to luck into a used deal.

3 Likes

I figured but we all gotta set a price range, could you link 1 or 2 you think would be a good fit for my tent?

2 Likes

In a 4x2 I’m not sure if the samsung f series strips are a cheaper route than 2 qb 288’s. Especially since the QB288V2 R came out they might be selling the v2’s for a little cheaper. Dbrn will know your cheapest route

2 Likes

You could get into a qb 135 kit and assemble yourself for a smidge under $200. Ideally you would want two of those, but you could grab 1 now and another later. Similar for that space fund about $350 anyway.

1 Like

Amazon has them now. The 65s and 135s. I know the latter

2 Likes

DIY with a 4 pack of 120 or 132 boards would probably be cheapest option. Between $250-300 for the whole 2x4.

1 Like

Let’s cut cost for a moment and go by the size of 4x2 - what’s your suggested premade light for that space. @imSICKkid @dbrn32 @HornHead

I’ll be honest I just don’t have the confidence in myself to build a light as cool as that would be.

1 Like

Led not my thing. I got the same Amazon type light you did. Grew pretty decent bud cause I have a bunch of them. I switched to cmh and haven’t looked back

Can you put kits together that come saying “some assembly required “ if so your in luck it’s that easy! And a lot of people here to guide you step by step!

You can do it!!!

2 Likes

Building a DIY light is intimidating but I’m telling you, it’s just as easy as getting one that you have to screw together.

1 Like

For sure it’s something I’m going to look into, nothing I’ve ever considered but I do see PLENTY of topics on DIY lights.

Not this grow, but I still have a lot of learning ahead of me.

1 Like