Looking for training ideas /Pics included

What would you personally do with this plant?
Let it grow untouched (untrained) or top like a maniac amd shoot for multiple colas?

5 gal. Plastic Pot Fox Farm Soil.
Runtz Muffin from Barneys Farm

I have toped it once so far, thought i should throw that in there.

5 Likes

Grow to height I want , lollipop to tightest top nodes and flip

10 Likes

Before defoliating

4 Likes

Personally I like to use topping and LST to get a nice even canopy best I can and flower. Really great way to boost total amount of quality bud in small space.

3 Likes

Started a journal FYI If this was the wrong place.

1 Like

So you would start tyimg the side branches downwards is what youre suggesting for LST in this plant?

3 Likes

And what about topping the side growths?

1 Like

Tight lollipopping. Is the below pic what it looked like after?

1 Like

Yea that was few weeks before it got chopped

2 Likes

I start lst when the plant will bend to outside of pot. If I am running photos I top at 3rd node and lst the rest of the way. If the branches are still bendy and not woodie you can bend them out yes. Just take your time and be gentle. IMHO doing a few branches at end of day just before lights out is pretty effective. They recover during lights out and are ready for nexy day of light. With these autos Im just finishing up it was all LST and it was daily work for months but it was worth it. Every few days you adjust ties and flatten canopy. Just be gentle I cannot stress that enough I have no idea how woody those stems are versus bendy/soft.

2 Likes

How about supper cropping? Thoughts on supercropping?

3 Likes

Have yet to try it myself but I have others super cropping and monster cropping. Use search bar to find topics related to what you’re looking for, I am sure it has been covered.

2 Likes

Went a little hard on this one but I try to at least get some of the mains a better chance

5 Likes

I’ve got some of these seeds on the way, super curious to see how yours roll.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Which ones? The runtz muffins? There rated at 28% THC which was the highest I could find on edit… removed unauthorized link at the time I ordered. Plant has been going great sense I popped it. I’ve yet to use any nutrients on it and it’s growing perfectly. Transferred from a one gallon smart pot into a 5 gallon plastic pot and considering potting up to either 7 or 10 gallons to really Bush it out. I started a journal on this which I can tag you in that way you can follow the progress. I am not gonna start flowering it until it’s probably double the size it is now. Scrogging moght happen too.

3 Likes

all depends on the space you have and how you wanna fill it up… for my situation i just LST the main over and tie it down and i usually end up with something like this…

4 Likes

I’m in a 4 by 4 atm.

1 Like

Probably will end up scrogging depending on how much topping takes place.

2 Likes

@PharmerBob i dont know what im looking at in that pic. Is that stalk split down the middle
?

3 Likes

both are fine approaches and should fill that space up nice and even…

2 Likes