First Time with a SCROG setup. Have a few questions…What was right? What was wrong? Anything im not doing and should? Anything im doing and shouldn’t be? Feel free to give any and all criticism. Not my frist time growing so may of been why i went so hard in the paint…
I’ll try to include everything done up to this point forgive me if i leave any info out but please ask fot it. Love all the info, tips, help i can get. ESPECIALLY if you happen to use the “CuttingEdge Solutions” chem system.
Please dont laugh. I do all this in a small space that my wife allows and i keep this hidden from 3 teenage children. Some things are high end and others are cheap do what i cans… I grow just so my wife and i can smoke for free throughout the year and our medication doesnt take money from the household. I grow for yield, not turnaround.
Started seeds in wet paper towels in a bag. Transfer to soil once root broke through (soil was Fox Farm Strawberry Fields).
For the first 6 weeks i keep them upstairs in a wardobe were they are in red solo cups and bowls with an Argobrite T5 high output flourescent light. (2ft/2tubes 120V-60Hz-0.56A-48W). I use CuttingEdge Solutions chemicals and mix up the first gallon of water a week after they break soil.
That first gallon i mixed: 8ml/micro, 5ml/bloom, 10ml/grow, 10ml/plant amp, 2ml/mag-amp, and 10ml/Uncle John’s Blend.
I water with chemicals only once a week. I water til i feel it will trickle out the cup into bowl and stop. Slowly add til it does. If soil drys before chem day (usually doesnt til like week 4) water with just water. I keep them in the wardobe til i got to 16 colas a plant. Topping them just as fast as they allowed me to. The first gallon lasted 3 weeks. Total time in at this point 4.5weeks
Second gallon i mixed the same as the first. Second gallon lasted 2 more weeks and got me all the way to the top cut on 8 to make 16 colas.
At this point they then moved down stairs to their final homes. (8 gallon planting pots).
For the final soil i run a 60/40 mix; 60 being the Fox Farms Happy Frog and 40 being Fox Farms Strawberry Fields. My grow room is sealed up well water cistern that was attached to my house and i just cut a door into from the basement. (14ft long x 6ft wide x 7.8ft tall) Lighting is 1000 watt Cali Ballast that overclocks, 4ft umberalla hoods, and 1100watt Par Pro Hyper Arc HPS bulbs. Net was set up 3ft off the ground with 4in squares (expect the outside squares…room wasnt prefectly squared. It was a well cistern built in 1942, come on man ). The room is lined with foil from the base of the hood to one row below the net line. I have a 6in inlet fan drawing fresh air from the basement every 15minutes for 15minutes. Last but not least have a Ozone generator pulling from the room and venting outside for 15minutes on the opposing 15 mintutes from the inlet. One of the 2 is always running
They all start on the same side of the room to save on the electric bill for, 3 weeks this time, but long enough i can make my cuts to 32 and allow the 32 colas to grow til right before they touched the net then went to 2 pots a side. Chemical formula for these 3 weeks: 8ml/micro, 5ml/bloom, 15ml/grow, 10ml/plant amp, 2ml/mag-amp, and 10ml/Uncle John’s Blend. 7.5 weeks at this point.
Once they went to their respective sides and went to 2 lights and side i switched the chemicals once again: 8ml/micro, 15ml/bloom, 5ml/grow, 10ml/plant amp, 2ml/ mag-amp, 10ml/Uncle John’s Blend. They got this treatment twice til i was 3in above the net with the colas.
Up til this point the plants have been on 24hr light schedule upstairs and downstairs. Got chemicals once a week every Sunday. Then i would add straight water on monday til it leaked in to the catch tray. Then a more straight water every other day. So…Sunday is chem day Monday, Wednesday, Friday were straight water days.
Once the colas were 3in above the net i shaved everything off below the net and switched the lights to a 12/12 schedule once i was finished with all 4.
Once lights switched i switched to the chemical formula: 8ml/micro, 20ml/bloom, 10ml/plant amp, 2ml/mag-amp, 10ml/Sugaree. I’ve done this for three weeks now and with the 4th week coming I’ll up the Sugaree to 20ml and do that for 3 weeks and then do 2 weeks maybe 3 depending on the tricomes of 30ml/Sugaree. Then a week of dark and straight water to flush is how i plan to end it for harvest.
So im at 10.5 weeks and still have 5 to 6 weeks of flowering and i know thats a long cycle but i feel that the topping and bending the plants so much slowed their growth and thats what it is. But these are todays pics.
Please hit me with feed back. Thank you for reading and sorry for being a wind bag.