Looking for Tips/Advice on my first SCROG in a 8'x4' grow tent

Hello! Looking for advice on doing my first SCROG. Ive grown in a professional setting before, however this is my first time attempting to grow at home. Im going to grow a round of autos just for fun, to see what theyre like, but my main goal after that is to scrog some feminized Gold Leaf. However Im not sure how many plants I would be able to comfortably scrog in a 8’x4’ space while still getting good flower production. Tips and tricks are greatly appreciated

3 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood :blush::v:I have a couple folks to tag for you that can help answer your questions. @MeEasy @CalamityJane @merlin44 can y’all give so advice? Happy Growing :blush::v:

4 Likes

Welcome, here is a few tips found under the grow guides :point_up:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag… @ArcaneGrim sorry I won’t be any help for this one I’ve gotten as far as buying a net but it hasn’t even made it out of the package and I’ve had it for two years at least :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Check out @AfgVet @Low have some nice scrogs going on. @PharmerBob @Stonedrus is another couple scrogger.

3 Likes

Im 21 days from flip on my first grow and im using a trellis. I have a 4x8 tent with 5 photos. I have a bench in the tent for my watering system/humidifier and heater so ends up a 4x6. I use a big kahuna 600 watt hps with 2 cheap 50 watt led for the edges. With full 4x8 i would use 2 lights you could fit 6 plants. With the net i recommend waiting for the stretch to begin. Mine some stretched more than others leaving it a little higher than id like.

Hope this helps im sure other with more information will help you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Don’t forget @merlin44 He has magical screens lol

2 Likes

I use a separate screen for each plant that is on a cart for mobility. When the plants are to the height that I desire I install the screens and start tucking the tops under the screen until the screens are about 75% full. I then flip to flower (I grow photos) and continue tucking for the first week or two after the flip and then I let them grow vertically. All new growth below the screens is removed but I don’t remove the leaves below the screens.

Here is a photo of my current grow 12 days after flipping. I stopped tucking four days ago.

The screens are not quite as full as I would like this time around, but the results will be fine.

This is a photo from last week after a tuck and snip session:

9 Likes

That is really nice to look at. But you know I am partial to scrog frames

2 Likes

I heard he sells them on eBay…maybe Craigslist …too dope! I’d steal these

I’ll need a Bom for this project and a rough schematic

2 Likes

Very easy to build with a few hand tools and some PVC pipe. I have posted a cut list and sketches several times over on my grow log. I think I have posted them on several other threads as well.

4 Likes

I made similar remarks when I seen them in the “what scrog do you use” thread

They are awesome! Don’t mind if I send it in for the patent do you :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I made one similar to this but rectangle lol. Made the bottom rectangle a. It smaller so the pots sat onto of the pipe and held it down top widened out like urs does. Wish I had a full basement or a garage to play in with more room I’d have myself all kinds of roll out scrog setups also as I like moving the plants around a bit lol unless in a scrog

3 Likes