Looking for the best 300-400 watt full spectrum grow light

Looking to purchase a new flowering light for my 2x4x6 I was looking at a spider farmer sf4000 or the bar setup se 3000 please help

3 Likes

Take a look at the HLG 260 V-2 R spec XL designed for a 2x4 space. That would be one good choice. :+1::v:

6 Likes

Something to think about:

HLG uses top-bin LM301h diodes, which are a newer generation diode. Spider Farmer uses LM301b diodes, which are less efficient and not necessary top-bin parts. The Spider Farmer is a decent light, but the HLG lights are better.

4 Likes

Ditto. What they said!

1 Like

I am a newbie but just got an HLG light and you will not be sorry you spent the $. I even did a long write up review about it I was so impressed.

2 Likes

I just bought a refurbished hlg 350r. On my first full grow with it, so can’t say a lot based on experience, but it’s very powerful. If you use the code DUDE on the website, you’ll get a decent discount, and if you use the PP credit (famous paying service), PP gives another $20 off, then pay it off within 6 months. And last I looked, HLG had these in stock again.

4 Likes

With the hlg don’t you have to build it

It’s a bit of wiring, but not a big deal. No different than connecting speaker wires. There are plenty of tutorials out there on websites and YouTube.

Hi there. Obviously hlg is the go to light. I have had a few different lights before i found this site. I have a sf4000 now in one 4x4 but of course I am getting an hlg because of the better diodes = less money to run. Have fun growing…it will soon be your new addiction hobby.

2 Likes

A lot of us, myself included run HLG lights. Once you go there you will understand. I run a dual 260 V2 Rspec setup in my 3x3 and a dual 350r in my 2x4. Next retirement distribution I take my dual 260 Rspec setup will be upgraded to the same boards and drivers the 350r’s use. I’m a power junkie and have way more light than I need in my tents. But I really enjoy running at low dimmer settings. Also have two HLG 100 V2 4000k lights I use for seedlings and early veg. For a 2x4 hands down a 350r will be one of the best lights money can buy. At 330 watts a 350r in a 2x4 is good for 41.25 watts per. sq. ft. You can’t beat that with anybody’s stick for over all spectrum, light distribution, lower tent temps and efficiency anyway you swing at it. I know it may seem like we are a bunch of HLG fan boys and girls. And I am for sure. And there will be many more of us checking in as they see this thread… LMFAO!!! Good Luck

2 Likes

Just put in a bid for this one will this make an improvement over my sf2000 from spiderfarmer

1 Like

Look up the specs of the SF and the HLG and get back with us.

1 Like

You win!!!

The HLG lights are very simple to assample . HLG Has several videos on their site you can watch an assemble, You won’t have a problem feel free to tag anybody for assistance. Good luck

1 Like

My HLG since I’ve had it for a few days it has made my plants grow insane. Could just be coincidence but I know that was the only change made and they are loving life.

2 Likes

Is there any place to get a used hlg 300

1 Like

I think HLG has a few refurbished lights, if you like.

1 Like

So will the hlg make the buds denser I’m curing my batch from spiderfarmer and the buds are tight but they are still kinda fluffy would lights make it denser or will nutrients do that

1 Like

Do you know if the better light will make my buds denser

@ChaddyDaddy Quality lights is the key to indoor grow. You will not be unhappy with HLG lights. An yes They produce solid buds. Good luck my friend !

2 Likes