My Organic Grow Journal

@Hellraiser Definitely on top of not having any water laying around. I barely have any run off when I do water. I do try my best to keep watering in the am. I’ll have to start doing it before work in the am. The venting is an issue for me though. I may have to reconsider moving my tent location completely to be able to vent outside. I’m currently waiting for a t controller for my infinity s6. Had to start on a budget even though it cost more in the long run. Would running a dehumidifier outside the tent next to my intake make a difference? As the plants are now I can probably squeeze in the dehumidifier I have now in one of the corners. I have to do some looking around and maybe find one about half the size I have now. Because the one I have now has a footprint of about 18”x2’ I’d have to double check. I’m probably going to have to move the exhaust outside the tent and free some space but I don’t even think that would help much. All that said I definitely need to get it ironed out before buds start popping. Any suggestions on how to connect the dehumidifier to either the exhaust or intake. The whole negative and positive pressure is a difficult concept for me for some reason.

1 Like

Defoliation helps with the humidity, just throwing it out there as an idea. Until you get it worked out just make sure the fans in your tent are running 24/7 actually even after you figure it out :laughing:

2 Likes

@MeEasy I guess tomorrow afternoon I’ll defoliate a little more on the super thick plant on the right. I shouldn’t go too crazy right? Not supposed to stress them out during the flip no?

1 Like

I do a good strip right before I switch to flower then again about 3 or 4 weeks in. I’ve seen some doing a strip n lollipop somewhere after the switch. I don’t want to just guess the timing of theirs just remember somewhere between between 3 n 5 weeks after you switch the plants won’t make any more leaves. My thought is if you question yourself on cutting something off just leave it there you can always go back and cut it later but you can never put them back lol

2 Likes

@MeEasy quick question. What’s your opinion of using the leaves I pull as mulch. I believe the term is called chop and drop. Am I looking to start issues by dropping green not dried fan leaves. Or should I dry them out and mix them back into the soil. I believe the idea is what ever nutrients that are stored in leaves will break back down into the soil. And the plant recycle in turn.

1 Like

Also if I do another light defoliation tonight being the second day into flip. Will that put me in the danger zone of stressing the plants out too much. Or since it’s not showing buds or pre buds I’m still good.

1 Like

I was always taught to keep the bottom around your plants super clean it helps keep bugs out and that if you want mulch to grow something under them but I learned outdoors. I don’t really know what the harm would be to use leaves as a mulch like that but out of habit I keep it clean for the most part anyway. I guess that’s probably the longest I don’t really know answer you’ve ever gotten lol .

I don’t think it would hurt anything especially dry I use dry organic material to feed my plants it’s from bags but I can’t think of anything that would be different dry trash is dry trash right lol

I try hard to only do two defoliation in a grow but I am constantly cutting and plucking at my plants. I was given advice on doing this that so you don’t get carried away with plucking leaves to pick one day a week that you can pluck them and only do it that day

1 Like

Holy temp swing Batman. I can’t wait until my controller gets here.

Seems the humidity dropped way out today. I have the tent in a air conditioned space. But only helps if the door to said room is left shut. Smh. :man_facepalming:
Might have to dial the lights back a little anyway. Looks like I’m starting to get some light stress. Along with some type of pest bites. Which is annoying because I’ve been spraying with dead bug twice a week. Might do a couple good neem sprays before they flower. I was trying to do I to flower with the little to zero headaches.

Time to do some training to even then out and mess with the Photone app.

2 Likes

Did you order the ac infinity 67 controller? That’s the one I run and it’s great

1 Like

Just got done plucking and stretching them back out to fill the tent and adjusting the lights. But Yes I ordered it on the 8th. It’s been a nightmare getting it here though. Considering it had to make its way across the country. Ups decided to deliver it to a Amazon fulfillment center instead of to the correct address I listed. Today I was on the phone for three hours between ups,Amazon and infinity. Ups denies any responsibility after the item is out their hands. I went to the Amazon warehouse that’s ten minutes from where it was supposed to be delivered and they said IF we find it it gets returned to sender. Anyway infinity is sending me a new one priority and should be here by Friday along with a new tent cover to replace my holy one that I already taped up. By far infinity was the easiest to work with and worked the hardest to fix the issue. I was actually thinking about buying another inline for my intake. And honestly I’m a little worried about it. I dunno I’ll probably prime it versus straight from infinity next time. But on the plus side I’m going to have another 3x3 I was considering building the frame out of pvc so I can customize some things. I’ll just need to get a light and a couple other odds and ends and I can start a vegging tent. It’ll be a good winter project.

1 Like

Day three post flip. Everyone seems pretty happy. Gave them a light watering today they looked a little thirsty and pots were pretty light.

3 Likes

They look great :+1: they will drink a lot right now you might have to water daily for a few weeks

@MeEasy Thanks man. I was expecting the same. But it’s the first time I’ve watered since Saturday. Hopefully they’ll start kicking into high gear and you’ll be correct. Speaking of which I need to refill my 5 gallon jug so it off gasses. Otherwise I’ll be buying some jugs of distilled. Maybe you can answer this does fulvic acid neutralize chlorines in tap?

1 Like

I use ascorbic acid powder to neutralize the chlorine and chloramine I’m not sure about fulvic acid. This is the one I have it literally takes a pinch of this to neutralize a gallon and it brings your ph down just a little

https://www.amazon.com/Nutricost-Pure-Ascorbic-Powder-Vitamin/dp/B00ZVNCXOM/ref=sxts_rp_s1_0?crid=3W0SRCJUVQ1HO&cv_ct_cx=vitamin+c+powder&dchild=1&keywords=vitamin+c+powder&pd_rd_i=B00ZVNCXOM&pd_rd_r=62dc9190-7a94-4fd7-97c2-51e7bff4fd60&pd_rd_w=OJXRu&pd_rd_wg=zSHHZ&pf_rd_p=c0fa563a-b0ba-455a-bd65-7b14bea6288c&pf_rd_r=EJ3AJ9RWKXDGX73SNES9&psc=1&qid=1634805084&sr=1-1-f0029781-b79b-4b60-9cb0-eeda4dea34d6

1 Like

New toy came in the mail today. My controller finally showed up. @MeEasy @Hellraiser what do you guys like to keep your highs and lows at on the auto setting?

2 Likes

I actually turn off the low settings keep the minimum speed on 2 so there’s always fresh air coming in, as for highs it changes with the grow temp is at 82° for the first half and 77 for the rest humidity is the same 70% through the first and 55 on out. Because I’m in a temporary area and don’t have a lot of control over the room I’ve had to change it a few times just to keep it from doing the on off thing all day plus I have two 6" intake fans that run all the time normally on low but I have had to turn them up

1 Like

@MeEasy yea I only have one inline six hooked up I have a small fan that’s for intake that runs all the time. Sucking air in from a air conditioned room. kinda in a tight budget and have really gone way over the one I started with. Lol. But I keep trying to convince myself it’ll worth it in the end result :flushed::unamused:. But we both know nothing is guaranteed especially when dealing with this stuff. I guess I have to mess with the settings a bit until I get them dialed in. I’m sure it’s all situational dependent.

1 Like

Might as well turn this into my first journal. Better late than never. Day four post flip. New controller added it’s definitely going to need some shuffling around to dial it in. Took some time to train and stretch the othe plant out to finish filling holes and to the edges. I could definitely see a difference in the plants after dialing in the lights with the Photone app last night. Seems I’ll be switching to watering every two days now as they both seem to be ready to be fed again tomorrow. But they definitely seem happy. I’m thinking at this point a net would have probably been easier to manipulate them then what I’m doing with this green twist wire. See how she fills out. Might end up putting one big up anyway for support. Either that or some bamboo.

2 Likes

Nice looking ladies and happy growing

1 Like

Day six post flip. I gave the girls a good feeding yesterday afternoon and woke up to them super happy and praying up to the lights. Everything I stretched out the other night is back up standing straight and they are filling in nicely. Next grow I’m definitely going to switching to some sort of screen instead of of the green tie wire I’ve been using. I almost have the wife swayed to allow me to have everything vented through our window. It’s been a little battle about blocking up one of the two windows in our room. My guess she’s getting tired of the air on full blast. Lol. Anyway I digress.
Today went and grabbed four dozen giant earth worms from the local tackle shop and put two down dozen in each pot. Also grabbed some alfalfa straw to cover the feeder roots that are starting to poke the top of my soil. I probably should have done both in the beginning of my grow versus mid grow. But I guess better late than never. It seems I’ve had a fungus gnat hatch as I’m starting to see a good amount hanging onto the pots. @MeEasy Would a neem oil soil drench work for killing the larve? I’ve upped my spraying of dead bug brew to every other day. I do have some Capt Jacks dead bug dust as well was thinking about dusting the pots as well. But I’m starting to see preflowers on one of my girls and don’t know how much longer spraying is going to be viable.