Looking for opinions

You talked me into it - I was going to go quality but smaller, then I decided that this is the kind of investment that I know will pay dividends for a long long time. I am going with the same setup. Thank you…

3 Likes

I would suggest changing the spectrum to the 3k although the variable of that choice is the r-spec difference that would bring more red to the lights.

Any thought @dbrn32 as to which might be better seed to flower?
R-spec 3k or 3.5k

2 Likes

I don’t think hlg offers different cct with supplemental reds. You can choose cct with standard 288 boards, but r-spec is r-spec. You pretty much get what you get.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that…
Just looked at them again and yep r-spec is what it is and it looks nice…lol

3 Likes

Hi - Thanks for all your help -
Which should I get 3K or 3.5 K for the best quality not quanity

1 Like

What @dbrn32 explained is if you get the r-spec boards there is no options for 3k or 3.5k in your selection. So if you get r-spec it’s what it is. If I were buying boards I would chose r-spec but I’m no light expert.

The other options are the (non r-spec) at 3k, 4K

What threw me was your post that you ordered 3.5k r-spec but that selection isn’t an option from what I see…

I’m not sure what the white diodes are on the r-spec board as far as 3k or 3.5k as they don’t detail that as far as I could find.

Ok I found this

So r-spec white diodes are 3.5k

3 Likes

Okay - Got it - Thank you - can’t wait to set everything up. -
There’s so much to learn, especially all the different lighting solutions -
Thank you everyone for your help.

2 Likes

R-spec is latest and greatest as to what’s available from the big names in horticulture led tech. Similar to what fluence, gavita, and chilled tech all use. Doesn’t mean you can’t grow awesome weed with 3000k or 3500k, both are tried and true.

1 Like

I believe that! Looking at the pics posted here make me inspired.
I aspire to grow the quality of bud that I see from all the members here -
ordered and on their way - now for the rest of the setup…

1 Like

So - After hearing from this forum and further researching from your wonderful suggestions I have ordered and anxiously await my grow tent.

Vivosun 48 x 48 x 80" Grow Tent
2 Double board (4) QB288 V2 r-spec - approx 550 watts
AC Infinity Cloudline T6 Inline Duct fan 6"
Vivosun Carbon Filter

I have the perfect place to set up in my basement and will grow 4 pots and try scrogging - I wish to thank all of you that helped me confirm and learn - something that I will look forward to updating everyone - Literally this has been my dream for well over 50 years - and although this investment went over my proposed budget - Its an investment that will pay dividends for me and my loved ones soon.
Thank you shout out to @Member420 @dbrn32 @Jbum @Skydiver @Laurap @Covertgrower @Spiney_norman

9 Likes

Awesome glad you are zeroing in on your goals! Excited to see ya get started and grow yourself some big ole juicy buds!!!

3 Likes

Solid choices there. Even a couple of mediocre grows will provide return on investment, you should be set up nicely.

2 Likes

Thank you and of that I’m sure - I haven’t seen anything specific yet, but is there a recommended best practices lighting distance formula or chart for the QB boards? I have a few seeds awaiting their new home soon.

2 Likes

They recommend flowering with it at something like 24-30" above canopy, or very close to that. Earlier in grow you can dim the light as needed to start seeds and/or veg plants.

2 Likes

You will love this forum. Common thread: we all love to grow & want to help others grow. Disrespect is not allowed. Its an awesome place!

2 Likes

I’ve already learned so much in such a short time with the help of members It feels good to be a part of a community of like-minded folks with a passion.

4 Likes

Very nice setup. You should be pleased with your results, even as you learn.

1 Like

Everything is ready and awaiting the lights later this week - I haven’t been this excited in 60 years riding my first bike…

4 Likes

Was wondering what your thoughts were as far what distance with the 320 XL V2 would be? Probably start them (seedlings) at 30". But i can start them under germination under a dome with a 6500k T5. Or depending on your thoughts can i just put them under the HLG once i see them sprout? Did read that some use a killa watt to adjust for dimming? The HLG light today came. Yea! My tent is 2.5 x 5 by 77" and i will be growing 2 Photos. Thanks

1 Like

24-30" dimmed to 50-60% current is probably good. Either light would likely work fine. Killawatt shows power consumption of light, some use it to monitor that way.

2 Likes