Looking for opinions

Hi everyone - I am new to growing, but a longtime aficionado of pot -
I only recently discovered ILGM for seeds and now I want to start living my dream of growing the best, for my own use.
I received an autoflowering mix pack and I have 6 seeds starting (2 ea), but with the late start (I am in Connecticut) and more research needed I will be growing these outdoors and meantime I want to set up the best indoor grow tent I can.
My goals are to have one extraordinary yield at a time of 8+ Ounces of dried buds, and just grow consistently and sequentially
I am thinking 2 plants
:black_small_square: Tent - 48"x48"x80" TopoLite Amazon.com
:black_small_square: Vivisun Air Filtration Kit 4" Carbon filter/ fan combo https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Air-Filtration-Kit-Controller/dp/B06XFRNPR8/ref=pd_cp_86_1?pd_rd_w=dmUNv&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=7082DGQGGYVDKJQCB1Z9&pd_rd_r=d1b48437-a010-11e9-9267-a9ab6f5020bb&pd_rd_wg=MUaVL&pd_rd_i=B06XFRNPR8&psc=1&refRID=7082DGQGGYVDKJQCB1Z9
:black_small_square: Lighting - Either - QB-324 or should I start with something like this Yueme COB as a learning curve https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0794WHD4M/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
:black_small_square: Nutrient pack from ILGM (Bergman’s All Fertilizers set)
:black_small_square: Soil - FoxFarm FX14000 Ocean Forest Potting soil
:black_small_square: AcuRite 00613 Indoor Thermometer, Hydrometer and Humidity.
:black_small_square: I nave Amnesai, NorthernLights and Blueberry Autoflower and Banana Kush (fem) seeds -
:black_small_square: I intend to try a Scroog

• I am looking for suggestions, recommendations and critiques of my proposed setup. I am so excited and have waited so long for this moment to be here, I can hardly wait, but I want to do it right - Thank you in advance for all your help - @Covertgrower @dbrn32
3 Likes

Hello @ravenchief and welcome to an awesome forum. Many people here to help with things as you go.

Here are some thoughts on your proposed items above.

Lighting…don’t skimp on it…you get what you pay for and I would suggest going with something more along the HLG line you won’t be disappointed.

Also the inline fan for the 4x4 I would size that up to the 6” fan and maybe add a speed controller to it. There are some fans that have those built in already.

Your goals of 8 zips should be well within your reach.
Autos are generally smaller in overall size than Photos so in that size tent 4 would fit well. Even 4 Photos would work in there too.

Anyway just some quick things I would consider and good luck with the outside ladies

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
You will get a lot of good advice here. In the meantime take advantage of the forum search feature.
Upper right corner is a magnifying glass icon. Use it to search things like Grow Tent setup or even specific things like 48x48x80 — Search results for '48x48x80' - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum
You can find a lot of info has already been discussed.
Have fun

3 Likes

Thank you so much - I will definitely look at sizing up the fan.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

You’ll want 4 of the QB288 boards in a light to cover a 4x4
QB288 V2 Rspec Quantum Board – Horticulture Lighting Group with a driver Mean Well HLG-480H-C2100
You’d get 14oz-30ozs in a 4x4 scroged with that. “1 plant to 4”
Light will pay for itself probably in the first grow
And like every said “go with the 6” or bigger"

3 Likes

I wouldn’t buy a light you plan on replacing. I would also agree that 4 plants in a 4x4 is quicker and probably more productive grow than 2 plants.

2 Likes

How difficult would it be to put together that light kit? and thank you for your help.

1 Like

Wiring would be really EZ, It just depends how you make the frame" plate, aluminum corner," Theres a lot of ideas you can search (DIY) or ask member’s , they’ll be able to tell you anything you need"

2 Likes

I like the 2x288 light rather that a 4x288 for versatility.

That’s the first one, going to make 3 more already have the frames just waiting till I see a steal on the HLG-240h I need

2 Likes

@ravenchief here is my build they are not bad at all. And tons of support right here.

QB 132 DIY build. In progress Join in follow along

3 Likes

WOW - Thank you for all your support.

2 Likes

Don’t those boards require heat sinks?
Or am I missing them as they are on other side out of view

2 Likes

There an aluminum 1/16 sheet in back and the flame being bulky dissipates any heat. Boards don’t even get warm. I was surprised.

3 Likes

As you can see we like to help.fox farms is a great soil but rather hot for seedlings. Most here start theirs out with fox farms happy frog. You will also need sm fans to move the air around.
Welcome to the forum. Great folks!!

4 Likes

Buying them with heatsinks helps with framing them

2 Likes

@ravenchief HLG lighting will be a solid decision, you won’t regret.
For a fan, I recommend the AC Infinity :infinity: in-line fan. I have the 6” in a 48x48 and it does great.
Plant count is a matter of opinion, however I recommend the 4 in there as that would make best use of the space, and you may not want too many just starting out. (Not that we would allow you to fail)

Any more questions just tag someone as you’ve already figured. Happy growing and welcome to the forum!
-Covertgrower

3 Likes

Hi and thank you - yes I used a milder soil for germination to seedling.

1 Like

Thank you so much I am definitely going with the 6" and just made my first purchase of 4 QB288s with 2 drivers to make 2 sets of 2 - I originally was going to go for only one set of 2 but I got the fever and all the sage advice tells me to invest in the best lighting. I ordered the newer V2 r-spec with 3.5k spectrum.
I’ll be doing alot more research over the next few days - time is ticking…

3 Likes

I am implementing all your suggestions - thank you

1 Like