Looking for LED light recommendations

Greetings Everyone,

This grow (only my second one) I am taking on 2 sativas; AK 47 and Super Silver Haze. I currently have a 600W grow light that is very hot and raises the temp of my grow room considerably. It will be 85 here today and I don’t suspect it will be getting into the 60’s for some time. I am looking for recommendations for a led grow light that will reduce the temp in my grow tent but still give me the same light volume (if that is a thing). The light that I have is attached and shown below. I thank you all in advance for any recommendations you can share.

3 Likes

check out the diy light thread if you want a awesome,efficient light at a reasonable price.[quote=“dbrn32, post:1, topic:13186, full:true”]
Hi everyone!

Just thought I’d start a new thread for us to further the diy light discussion. I don’t sell lights, lighting components, or work in the lighting industry. I have worked professionally with a few of the components, but in the green energy field. I got involved with led grow lights repairing/modifying basic amazon lights a few years back. Since, I’ve kind of become a local 420 friendly electrical support guy. I have access to a handful of different grow rooms utilizing different lights I have built or assisted building. That being said, I’m no expert and definitely don’t have working knowledge of every manufacturer or component out there.

Let’s try to keep this fun and informative. It’s not about bashing on budget lights or different types of lights. In fact this doesn’t even have to be limited to led tech. If you’ve custom made a cfl reflector and want to share, post it up! No question will be to basic, and no stone unturned. So please ask, or offer up the info you have. I’m going to tag the people I know have shown interest, but feel free to add anyone. I thought I read that a couple of the members were working on a retail light, and I definitely don’t want to interfere with that. If you guys are out there reading, please feel free to add or abstain if it’s in your best interest.

@ktreez420 @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Myfriendis410 @MAXHeadRoom
[/quote]

3 Likes

Your link didn’t work for some reason @BIGE

That light you have now is pretty good. Maybe @dbrn32 can suggest a comparison in led.

the thread name is; let’s talk diy lights… excellent examples there of some great lights…

2 Likes

It’s a nice light for sure. Getting into something with comparable par levels in led won’t be cheap. You’re looking at two hlg-300’s, hlg-550, a couple of the two board kits, two of the 300 watt models from timber or something along those lines. Or diy build custom for your space.

2 Likes

What about something like this to replace it;

https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Reflector-Lights-Heatproof-YGROW/dp/B078XHHVKZ/ref=pd_sim_86_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078XHHVKZ&pd_rd_r=65db9c43-db83-11e8-940e-5b72383d914d&pd_rd_w=Ja3g9&pd_rd_wg=Q9lSG&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=18bb0b78-4200-49b9-ac91-f141d61a1780&pf_rd_r=PXNX3B5V58EX81D29P1M&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=PXNX3B5V58EX81D29P1M

Your current light is way better. Like light years better.

2 Likes

Not even close.

Most people start with a light similar to what you linked and then move to something similar to what you have later when they decide to get serious about growing.

3 Likes

this should work for you

https://growerslights.com/products/horticulture-lighting-group-600h-quantum-board-led-kit?variant=8194691170405&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw39reBRBJEiwAO1m0ObgT0NHagRGXXqIA4y7zFGrcwRK-Mw1VtboJA0qftKADp5DH3juroBoCIrIQAvD_BwE

maybe even better than what you have

1 Like

Maybe I just need to keep my current light and get better at temperature management then. I will look at other forums for advice. Thanks to all who contributed.

5 Likes

a good exhaust fan would help alot as well.
i have a 1000w hps that i can only run during winter…lol

4 Likes

I think that’s a good idea.

1 Like

Totally agree - it will be cheaper to evaluate and fix the exhaust and control temps that way.

2 Likes

I like the exhaust system and intake of fresh air for helping temps. What kind of space are you working with?

3 Likes

You could buy a light like the one you’re using that is enclosed and you can pull cooling air through it. I’ve seen quite a few different ones online cheaper than a good LED is going to cost you. I use LED lights myself. I’ve had heat issues with the Amazon lights, so I’m buying a top of the line light that will run a lot cooler @Jefe1

2 Likes

You need to move more air over your light, and in the grow room/tent itself. Hot air is gonna rise. Correct intake and exhaust and duct work should bring your heat down.

3 Likes

You need Air Conditioning and proper venting of heat.

i purchased a 2x4 grow tent and it came with a 300 Delux LED, my question is, is that enough light for the whole grow or should i get a higher power light for flowering

1 Like

probably not going to do well in 2x4…maybe 2 of them 2x2 each

2 Likes

I agree ^ with @BIGE

1 Like