Looking for jewelers loupe

I’m looking for a good jewelers loupe but don’t know what strength I need for looking at tricomes. I’d like to be able to take photos with it as well. Send me links please

I just went to a local Jewelery store(peoples) and they sold me a 60x power loupe for 7 bucks.

1 Like

Can you use it for photos? 60x seems to be the number I’m looking for?

I got the 30x-60x loupe and its ok. After that I got one that went 60x-120x and it is amazing. I will link it one sec

I put this one up to my camera on my phone, zoom into the circle and its cryatal clear.

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300) Amazon.com

1 Like

Does it work good? My jewelry loupe, the 60x lenses fell out and am looking for a good scope

Yeah its awesome. It fits in your hand like a range finder, got an LED, it has the major 60 to 120 dial and then it has a fine tune dial as well. I have bought 3 and this one blows them out of the water.

1 Like

Cool deal. Good looking bubba

1 Like

Yeah man :call_me_hand:

I have this but haven’t been able to figure it out yet

Really? Are you getting close enough? You have to be almost touching the buds for it to focus. You know the small clear plastic protector at the bottom? You will want to be right on the bud. Start at 60x and and then just adjust your distance closer or farther back until you get it in focus.

2 Likes

I have the Carson. Virtually impossible to check your buds. Unless you cut them off and look at them on a table. It’s good for some things though. It helped me find some scale bugs (ew).

I prefer this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DWG89KQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap, easy, lights up, and has 30x or 60x.

1 Like

although I’m going to buy one of those loupes, in the mean time i go to 10x’s zoom on my iPhone , or until you see what your looking for.

I find that 30x isn’t really enough, for me 60x is the sweet spot for checking trichomes.

1 Like

I agree if you had a jewlers loupe … BUT I DON’T so i use my phone for now it does the job …

Not sure where I picked this one up but its a 30x power and works great. I replaced the old light buld with an led.

2 Likes

@imSICKkid

I am thinking of getting the loupe you linked to above. Is it difficult to keep it from shaking when zooming in to focus?

I have a USB scope that connects to my phone and its pretty difficult to get a good picture when zoomed in due to how unstable it is…

Thanks!

Trying to take pictures is tough. But just using it up to your eye is pretty good.

1 Like

@imSICKkid

I guess I really don’t need pictures. Lol. The other one was tough to see since it was more a microscope so I took pics. Thanks.

1 Like

did you have this one?

1 Like