Looking for Hydro system setup and ideas

Most of Us use RO water and need to add the Cal/Mag back, should add silica too.
The microbes I only add once on a res change. The microbe’s if fed will multiply and the nutrients deplete.

1 Like

so if using tap water thats sit out with some oxygen gong thru it for 24hrs would cal mag need to be added once the nutes has been added

I always add my calimagic first and let stand 5-10 minutes before adding anything else. I use well water and my solution is usually added within 15-20 minutes from being drawn but, then again, that is just what works for me :v:

2 Likes

update on hydro system first grow. plant in pic are 3 weeks into flower

5 Likes

They look great but they sure dont look like they are in flower.
Plants have to mature before they will flower regardless of light schedule.

They sure look great !!!

1 Like

i was tryna say 3 weeks in veg thats my fault. will be flipping to flower this coming week

2 Likes

Excellent !!!

1 Like

Like @BetrayedSoul said lookin good for sure :v:

1 Like

How is this box different from these buckets? The buckets take up much more space.
Will 6 plants be able to fulfill their potential in this box?

1 Like

The box is good for vegging in. But not enough space as they get larger.

I have no issues flowering in this system , but I also have a double scrogg table above it… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

Do your roots have enough room for the plant to fully mature? How did it not affect growth?

What kind of cannabis is it?

Yes plenty of room…
I usually grow 3 different strains in same tote , 2 of each , but I have grown 6 different strains in one tote with no issues…

Here is a pic of one of my 3 tables…
They are 4’x5’ …
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been growing with ebb and flow for about four years now. I can say this is a system that needs to be watched closely. I grow big plants instead of small ones in a scrog style. I must remove the bottom pots after being in flower for about three weeks due to the roots growing into the feeding tubes. I put in some plastic hose barbs so I can change them easily with clean ready to go pots. If a pump fails you better catch in within 24 hrs. or you’ll stress the heck out of her. This is not a system you want to have running for a week while you’re on vacation. I’m not saying it wouldn’t work as long as a pump or something doesn’t fail. These little pumps have small magnetic motors and sometimes they may need a slight tap to get them working again. This is rare but something I’d have happen if I went on vacation. I take reading twice a day and make sure all pumps work while taking the test. I’m retired but if I wasn’t I’d be growing in soil.

Here’s three that I was just changing after three weeks in flower.

Here’s three in my 5X10 room.

With close monitoring this system gives great results.

5 Likes

Where can I get a system like this

2 Likes

I will tag you into my journal. The system that I designed, seems to be working rather well and it’s a fairly easy build :v:t4:

1 Like

can I get a list of what I need and how to build this system. I have been scrogging in soil and this would be so much easier

1 Like

Let me know if you have any questions or if you think it might interest you. If I can build it, so can you.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Also see this thread, Opinions About This Setup From PA Hydroponics - #34 by Jungle.