Looking for help on leaf issue

First time grower, first time poster, long time lurker. I’ll start with the details:

2x2x4’ tent
Vipar spectra 300w led
2- 19w full spectrum leds
5 gallon smart pot
FFOF soil
FF nute trio
White widow feminized photoperiod

Plant is 2.5 weeks into flowering and have noticed dark spots and some yellowing on older growth. Thinking is P or K deficiency but not quite sure. Any help would be appreciated

4 Likes

I have had this issue and was not able to resolve it to my satisfaction. It may be a normal part of development since she is getting older.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to stay ahead of any issues. I am using half the recommended dosage of fox farm nutes and wasn’t sure if that was causing a p or k deficiency. But with my untrained eye, it looks like several different types of issues.

2 Likes

Have you checked really good for bugs? Look close with magnification if possible, especially under leaves.

1 Like

I have a magnifier for my phone (15x) and haven’t seen any but it’s difficult to focus. Have a Carson microbrite coming in so I can check when that arrives. Not sure how bugs could have gotten in. If they are there, I’m guessing they came with the soil. Thanks for the input. I’ll check ASAP.

2 Likes

They come in bags of soil pretty regularly.

2 Likes

What’s your ph and ppms at? I had a ph swing that caused something similar.

1 Like

PH going in is at 6.5. PPM going in is 800. Out was 6.6 @1250 ppm. Feeding right now and will measure after. Did have to recalibrate the ph pen was showing about .2 high. So may have watered at 6.3 the last few times

Looks like it WAS watered around 6.3. The drainage today read 6.3 @1290 ppm. Stupid ph pen. I was out of buffer so didn’t calibrate last week.

1 Like

Well, this issue is mobile. I know she’s screaming at me about something but I’m not fluent in plant language yet. Not sure if this is septoria or possibly a phosphorus deficiency. Did have some low runoff ph (6.3) after last feeding. Watered yesterday with 6.7 water and had a 6.4 runoff. Don’t think it’s pests. Haven’t been able to locate any with my highly untrained eye. Picked up some neem oil and she’ll get a shower at lights out. Any other thoughts?

Looks like phosphorus and calcium deficiency, but a support ticket would help. Also, isn’t that on the low end for recommended ppms using FF nutrients for this stage of flower?

1 Like

I put in what their recommended dosage was but was coming up at 800ppm instead of the 1200-1400 FF was saying. Then I saw this somewhere and was right on point for the stage I’m at

According to the chart at 2-3 weeks of flower your ppm should be between 1900-2100ppm…

1 Like

Oh wow. That’s different than the chart I snapshotted off of here when I started.

Took a clipping of an affected leaf to look at the stem. Pretty positive she’s telling me she has wanted more phosphorus for some time now. Sorry babe.

Hey @MattyBear, do you take your ppm before or after the PH buffer? Noticed the PH UP shoots the ppm’s up quite substantially.

1 Like

Yeah it really does shoot it up. I take my numbers after everything is added :v::bear:

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: white widow fem

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: FFOF soil

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: 5gal smart pot

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): 6.5, 1350ppm

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Last feed 1790ppm

• Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

• Light system: viparspectra 300w, 2-19w full spectrum

• Temps; Day, Night: 80H/68L

• Humidity; Day, Night: 38-50

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: yes 4” adjustable speed

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: yes

• Co2; Yes, No: no

Seems issue is continuing. I have not been giving calmag because I’m running tap water @250ppm. Is this a calmag deficiency? I’m colorblind and have a difficult time diagnosing different deficiency’s. Last feed was 6.6ph and 1790ppm. Out was 6.4 @1750ppm. Watered yesterday at 6.8ph and @250ppm. Out was 6.5 @1350ppm. I water/feed about 2 days after last water/feed. My moisture meter will be at 1 or 2.

1 Like

Well, strangely my soil is already dry since last 1 gallon watering 28hrs ago. Guess I’ll go ahead and water again with some calmag

Added calmag and h20. 6.6ph and 335ppm going in. Out was 6.5 @1126ppm. Yesterday’s runoff was 6.5 @1350ppm so that leads me to believe she’s munchin on some nutes. Time will tell if that’s what she was wanting from me.

It appears as the increased nutrients and calmag have stopped the spotting and chlorosis in its tracks. Just fed FF trio, calmag (6.5 @1803ppm) and had a runoff of 6.26 @2030ppm.

Noticed the tiger bloom is real acidic and drops my ph from 7.1 at the tap to 6.0. Having to add a ton of ph up to get it to 6.5 which it also carries a lot of ppm’s with it.

5 Likes