Looking for auto experts

Best advice with autos, Low stress training over high stress training.

Start with half recomended nutes and work your way up to full dose.

Best and last, start in forever pot. Transplanting autos is russian roulette with 2 chambered rounds. Transplant shock will slice your yeild considerable. Its not guaranteed you’ll shock it its just not worth the risk.

2 Likes

What i can tell you about autos is use the k.i.s.s. method dont over love them get good genetics i suggest fast buds genetics and dark wizard genetics i use both of these genetics and if u want massive autos go dark wizard genetics u get them from the Uk from sticky seeds, i would suggest fimming ur autos when you get use to growing and lst training is a good idea aswell use a five gallon fabric pot try not to over water ur plants some autos dont like stress depending on genetics but most of all dont expect a big harvest that way when do get a big harvest u will be happy and if you get a smaller harvest well ur not going to be upset because ur already prepared ur self for a small harvest if that makes sense.you can transplant autos again it comes down to genetics some like to be transplanted some dont

2 Likes

You have many choices for nutrients also. Since you work fourteen hour shifts you may not want t come home and spend time measuring and mixing.

I am using a product called Earthdust by the green sunshine company. Give it a google. Very easy. I supply the water. Nature supplies the light.

2 Likes

As was said AC infinity products are some of the best out there they are also making complete grow set up’s that are reasonably priced have no experience with their lights but I’m sure they don’t suck. I agree that HLG is a very good light and most of mine are HLG but you don’t have to have one to get great results. As for nutrients for someone that works a lot I would look into growdots and recharge I used this on my last 4 grows definitely the easiest and trouble free grows I’ve ever had. Good luck @Docnraq gave you some great advice and remember besides the light a good PH meter important.

4 Likes

@dirtydave I have had heard good things about grow dots.

2 Likes

I’m a fan for sure indoor and outdoor they just seem to work I use them with promix @Graysin had good luck with coco I do use fish shit and silica along with the recharge

3 Likes

wassup everyone . I was on here a little over a year ago trying to get started but I never did . I really want to start now that Im more stable financially and have more time . was going to start with autos
does anyone have beginners tips about growing and equipment I would need ? all tips are appreciated

1 Like

I suggest a beginner start with a photo period.
I have found autos are actually harder to grow.
Unless you cannot provide 12 hours of dark than maybe consider autoflowers.

7 Likes

Ive never grown an auto but it just seems a bit easier as you can flip when needed and not jump into flower with issues present. Thats my biggest reason for growing only photoperiods but once i run out of seeds i do wanna try an auto grow

3 Likes

First auto I grew started flowering at 3 weeks.
I have had them 10 inches tall to over 6 ft.
If I had no control over the light getting into the tent, then autos would be my choice, but I have had no trouble with swapping light schedules. My grow area is not 100% totally dark.
I have a 15 pane glass door with a skylight on the other side. The door has a fabric curtain on it. Nothing special, just a Walmart curtain. Lights are 6am to 6pm.
That’s the one item for consideration.
Everything else in my opinion is easier with photos.
If the plant gets off to a slow start you just wait a little longer to flip.
There are far fewer genetic abnormalities in photos too.
This is my suggestion. I started with Autos because I thought they would be easier. Nope.

6 Likes

@Spiney_norman you bring up a great point. Not to mention you can also clone any phenotypes you like with a photo

3 Likes

Which I have done. Have a mother in a smaller cabinet that’s a year old. Has provided 3 harvests and ready to start #4 soon.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman ive cloned a couple times. Currently on my 1st clone only green crack SOG. Phenotypes weren’t like award winning just wanted to do it for fun but i was far too optimistic when i filled the 36 site cloner and quickly realized i didnt want anymore than 20 and just picked out all the best ones and ended up with 17 leftover in flower now. They are looking great. Definitely gonna do another SOG soon

3 Likes

Anyway @Tallah ,
Dont be afraid of photo period plants.
Autos are ok if you want, but photos are just plants too.
Some people here grow them with a 12/12 schedule right from the start letting them flower when they want.

3 Likes

I was thinking autos because I work 14+hrs a day and I also wanted something a little quicker

3 Likes

Again, not necessarily.
Average flowering time is the same. 7 to 9 weeks once flowering begins. But when does it begin is the question.
Some autos are stubborn and wont flower as fast.
They are unpredictable.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman has you covered @Tallah. If you dont have light leak concerns come flower id say to go with a photo

3 Likes

that’s what I was concerned about. I dont want to take to many Ls and I heard its unpredictablewhen it comes to autos .

1 Like

I guess my advice was bad

2 Likes