Looking for auto experts

@Spiney_norman you bring up a great point. Not to mention you can also clone any phenotypes you like with a photo

3 Likes

Which I have done. Have a mother in a smaller cabinet that’s a year old. Has provided 3 harvests and ready to start #4 soon.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman ive cloned a couple times. Currently on my 1st clone only green crack SOG. Phenotypes weren’t like award winning just wanted to do it for fun but i was far too optimistic when i filled the 36 site cloner and quickly realized i didnt want anymore than 20 and just picked out all the best ones and ended up with 17 leftover in flower now. They are looking great. Definitely gonna do another SOG soon

3 Likes

Anyway @Tallah ,
Dont be afraid of photo period plants.
Autos are ok if you want, but photos are just plants too.
Some people here grow them with a 12/12 schedule right from the start letting them flower when they want.

3 Likes

I was thinking autos because I work 14+hrs a day and I also wanted something a little quicker

3 Likes

Again, not necessarily.
Average flowering time is the same. 7 to 9 weeks once flowering begins. But when does it begin is the question.
Some autos are stubborn and wont flower as fast.
They are unpredictable.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman has you covered @Tallah. If you dont have light leak concerns come flower id say to go with a photo

3 Likes

that’s what I was concerned about. I dont want to take to many Ls and I heard its unpredictablewhen it comes to autos .

1 Like

I guess my advice was bad

2 Likes

If it was that would be the first time Ive ever seen it.

1 Like

That would make two of us because I agree with you.

2 Likes

The duplicate thread is basically saying the same thing I did. Just more commenters.
Its all good.

1 Like

I moved the other thread to this one. Please don’t open multiple threads covering the same subject as it clogs the feed for others’ questions.

1 Like

I loved my grow dots. My grow dot fed plant yielded similarly to my Jacks plant in a direct 1 on 1 clone run. I mostly just don’t use em because I have lots of jacks and not a lot of money, it makes more sense to stick with the economy version of nutes and save grow dots for outdoors.

Yep! I also love Coco. It’s the closest thing to hydroponics you can get without going totally hydroponic. I use Tribus instead of Fish Shit these days, but any good microbe is a must in coco. :100: silica is a great plan too.

2 Likes

The best advise I can give with autos is good soil ( I use FFSF on the bottom mix in some perlite FFOF in the middle and FFHF on the top ). Soak your seed for 18 hrs and drop it in its forever pot. 5 gall smart pot would be best. Once it breaks ground just mist it until it gets it 2nd set of leaves. From that point just lightly water her. Keep your temps in the 70’s and your RH in the 60’s. No nutrients until flowering starts then only give 1/2 the recommended dose. I typically only use molasses water and during mid flower Jacks bloom boost. For lighting I run 1 sp2000 and 1 ts1000 for 3 plants. LST is best or just leave them alone to do their thing. Happy growing.

2 Likes

I grow nothing anymore but autos and in pots outside no need for elaborate set up, start after last frost, if you time it right you can get 2 harvests a year. I do.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: This is what I would do if I could grow outside.
This avoids the fall humidity bud rot threat.

1 Like

Yeah, me too! I did 2 autos outside this year as well as 2 clones. Autos were harvested Aug 15th, clones still have about 4 weeks until done. Don’t think they will be before the Vancouver rains start.
Next year, auto only outside. Photos in the tent where I can play Father Nature!

3 Likes

I can see it.

1 Like