Looking for advice from you, my ILGM family

You can try knocking it down a little, maybe 6.2.

1 Like

Ppm seems a bit low to me
@dbrn32 is correct about the ffof soil
But if they are ready for food so be it
What is the ppm of run off and ph of run off ?

2 Likes

Shoot, did I miss him posting ppm?

1 Like

Looks good Bud. I only put one plant per pot for expansion room.
You got a wealth of info here Bro. I have learned SOOOOO MUUUCH, from the experienced .
Just remember, all our circumstances are different.
My latest lesson, starving the plants from water to keep away fungus gnats, was building up the
TDS, and boosting the PH of the water in the pots, Flushing on occasion is a necessity.
Keeps them healthy. Also, warmer is better, 70 to 80F is a great range.
I’m a soil grower, and learning by the day . Second grow, and just want a decent yield till Summer.
Winter in MA cellar growing is a whole new experience. Rather be upstairs, or outside!
-Oz

1 Like

@bizzyboy. I agree also with the soil and the whole veg time thing. I do what your doing and start mine when I start it under the big lights. And you shouldn’t need any type of bloom till your into flower stage. Keep the ph water going and no more food till they get a couple weeks in. You will know the base will start getting nice and thick . And as your plant grows you will have to adjust your feeding accordingly to the size of the plant and it’s uptake. When I grow in the winter I use styrofoam insulation under my pots to keep the temp of my soil up cuz I’ve ran into that with my soil before and my plant just stopped growing until I got the temp up over 55 degrees in the soil seems like the cool ambient temp of winter keeps that soil cool even inside. Cuz of the cold floor. So if you can check the temp in the pot

2 Likes

How are you measuring your PPMs?
What is your run-off PPMs? They should be pretty high still with fresh FFOF soil.

Thanks for that info. Soil growing in New England in a cellar is a PIA.
Tough to take them out of the tent for long as the temp is ~50F.
Mine are four months old, and I never flushed.
Will do soon before I start fruiting mode.
Then use Humbolt nutes BLOOM at the first sign of flowering.
Flush a few weeks before harvest and we’re done.
Hoping to flower the whole eight weeks.
Had a time limit last grow.

3 Likes

Thanks for the foam tip. Will use it!

2 Likes

Hey guys, runoff ppm 1560, ph 6.6

2 Likes

@Rugar89 @dbrn32 @timmyv324 @Ozzimotosan1 @Countryboyjvd1971
Hey y’all, okay so seemingly nice growth as the girls enter veg wk 4. Pineapple Chunk (see pix)

Last 2 pix show leaf structure with 75x zoom

6 Likes

Runoff ppm/ph from 6.4 ph Ro water

1 Like

Look real good!

2 Likes

Yeah baby. Looks a bit psychedelic under them lights. Very cool. Looking healthy

1 Like

Starting wk 4 veg:
Sunday 2/10/18 nutes feeding;
800 ppm ph 6.5
Runoff ppm 1510 ph 5.9

Tuesday 2/13 RO watering;
Ppm 078. Ph6.2
Runoff 1060 ph 6.8

Question:
Next watering should I feed (50% FF liq bloom, grow big and 33% cal mag), or just hit them with another RO water ph 6.2?
Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @timmyv324 @Rugar89 @Johnzy81

1 Like

@bizzyboy I would let them dry right out mate and go with you feeding afterwards just my opinion mate I have just finished a flush.

I would feed it myself @bizzyboy im a little more aggressive when it comes to feed than some of the other
I also dont Believe in feeding half strength
Feed full just give less
your ppm at week 4 should be closer to 1500 -2000 according to ff feeding schedule

3 Likes

Here’s today’s pix. 2/16/18. One week into flowering mode. I’m thinking of a potassium and phosphorus dose, once a week, since these are the nutes I haven’t been using. Not sure if it’s in the Humbolt BLOOM food I’m been using for a week now. Any advice welcome.
Thank you all again for your pix, info, and experiences. Still working on six clones, and saving a few for the 21st day into flowering mode to try that SUPERCROPPING thing. -Oz

4 Likes

The manufacturer should have a feeding schedule for 4 wks veg I would go with what they say.

1 Like

What kind of lights are you using Biz? Never seen that kind on here.

@Ozzimotosan1 looks good man. I’m so new to this I have no advice…but I am stoked for you! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

1 Like