Looking for actually autos this time lol

So I thought I had received a killer stash of autos from a breeder in Cali alas they seem to be photo. Now if they are the strains they are supposed to be then killer. Anyways I’m a beginner for sure harvested one plant two more close then 3 non auto autos.lol. So I wanted to get some good beginner high producing autos. I was thinking goldleaf but up for suggestions thanks all as always

2 Likes

Who’s the breeder?

Look into Mephisto Genetics if you want a truly beginner-friendly and high yield autoflower. Sorry to ILGM but my autos from them have been a pretty wide array of “wow amazing” to “wow that whole thing produced 7 grams.” Mephisto has yet to let me down. :v:

9 Likes

Maybe try photos 12/12 from the start?

2 Likes

This actually works really well.
There are several growers here who do it that way.

2 Likes

I love the last couple runs @MattyBear had. Very nice plants

1 Like

A friend of a friend

Why would I do photos starting 12/12 that doesn’t make sense

1 Like

Being new to growing, don’t expect everything to make sense at first. I grow 12/12 from seed to harvest with photoperiod plants so I can get 4 grows in per year instead of 3. Do some research before shooting down suggestions or thinking they don’t make sense. A lot of things won’t at first but you’ll get there eventually :call_me_hand:t3:

14 Likes

Check out the Critical purple from growerschoice. Even if you were to tally mess up. You should still get 4 oz. Do great and double digits are pretty easy :grin: If you go with ILGM I would look at their Jack herer.
I would look at autos that fit in your grow as well as tent space. The CP is a big girl. My JH is even bigger.
The GL you mentioned would be a great choice I think. It is not a tall plant but yields nice. And super easy to grow. A really good day time smoke too.

1 Like

My best producing auto was a GG4 - ILGM seed. She yielded 8 oz of very potent bud on a plant less than 30 inches tall. I was amazed. I messed up all kinds of ways with her too. So I’ve got to say an easy grow.

7 Likes

Thanks I wasn’t shooting down the suggestion of 12/12 it just seemed backwards. I also saw someone said a some growers do it. I wasnt dismissing what was said. Anything that I’m told about I look up and read about even though my response might have seemed dismissive it wasn’t meant to be. I do not assume that if it doesn’t make sense in my head at first doesn’t mean I think it’s bad info. Thanks to all though for the suggestions the 12/12 is a pretty interesting method.

5 Likes

Using flower schedule from the start means they’ll transition to flower once they’re sexually mature, acting almost exactly like autos.

3 Likes

I read that thank you. I didn’t know that was even possible until you mentioned it. I lookedd it up and was surprised how it works but now it definitely makes sense thanks

2 Likes

Any time. One thing really great about it is, if your plants were to become unhealthy for any reason you can switch the lights and keep them in veg till they’re ready. :metal:

1 Like

@Graysin I’ve looked at Mephisto too but I’m not quite there yet to be spending $20+ on a single seed.

2 Likes

North Atlantic sells em for $48 for a 3 pack. They usually throw in a 4th seed, so it’s not too shabby. It is a bit up there in price but for reliably good quality autos, it’s worthwhile.

5 Likes

By starting photos at 12/12 you’ve just basically turned them into autos that can’t handle light leak since it becomes a test of how hard you can grow them before they hit sexual maturity and flower

2 Likes

60$ for a 3 pack is great if you get a germ that produces 1000$+ of highest quality bud thats why im never afraid to splurge a little when it comes to genetics

3 Likes

I hear ya and I definitely agree that you get what you pay for (hopefully) but even by their own admission the yields on a lot of their plants are pretty low, 2 - 3 ounces even. Some day if I find a strain that looks like I’d enjoy it I’ll give them a try.

2 Likes