Looking for a mediumsized plant

If you watered recently let the dirt dry out a lil bit
This will hep the dirt and roots stay in tact while transplanting

1 Like

Ill get my stuff together and do it tomorrow. I watered yesterday.

2 Likes

Good deal man also keep an eye out for replies from some of the other guys
Since I am only on my second grow they may have som more info for you as well

1 Like

I wasn’t going to transplant due to all the negative info I’ve read. I suppose it was going to stress in that pot anyway.

1 Like

Yea if the pot was not so small I would say leave it but it seems if you do not it may lead to issues in growth later.

1 Like

If it continued on it current progress I would have been delighted. Ill go get my stuff.

I wish I’d know before now. It’s my first grow since the gorilla days 1980.

I am with you I do not like transplanting especially on bigger plants
I transplanted a 10” tall super skunk from a 5 gallon pot to a 15 gallon pot and did the same on my 10” tall super silver haze and it went ROUGH!! Thought I was gonna loose em both thats how rough it was
Well here they are now super happy

2 Likes

You think it’s to late. I’m gonna need 4 hands to do it

Ill chance it.

No not at all like I said mine were very well established in thier 5 gallon pots and man it was rough
Last year I had one of my burlap sacks bust out the bottom and my plant was 2’ tall and fell right through the bottom picked her back up put her back in the dirt and she was fine. It was one of my Northern Lights autos

and she was just fine ended up loosing her because my dog ate a lot of the branches off and one of the wires I used for stabilizing her main stem when she was a seedling got over looked during growth and ende up snapping her off at the bottom of her trunk

1 Like

Thanks. Got got a five gallon bucket. Ill still plenty of drain holes and do it later. Does it matter when? I thought maybe when hit hits dark cycle. Maybe dosnt matter

@Mparham if you are looking to keep her small, you can keep her in a small pot and she won’t get too big. If height is an issue, you can always do training, you can still have. Very wide plant. For transplanting, take your existing pot, and place into your new pot, fill with soil. You’ll have a mold to place the transplant into when dumping out of the old pot.

4 Likes

@Mparham cloth pot is best, but a 5 gallon bucket will work if it’s all you have. Be sure there are LOTS Of holes. Light or dark doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Ill send a pic and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your assistance and time.

1 Like

The bigger the better man. I just don’t want to set her back. She’s had a easy life so far. Ill know next time.

1 Like

I just transplanted her and watered. I don’t think I’ll look at her until the light cycle starts tomorrow. It went well and fast. I would have wanted out too after seeing that it was fully bound up. Feeling good about it.

5 Likes

How much volume do you think I’ll need when watering? No clue here.

@Mparham this amount will vary based on your environmental conditions, lighting and temps. You’ll typically give more water during flowering.
Best rule of thumb is to stick you finger in about an inch, if it’s dry water. Or if you see signs of wilt. I usually water every other day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

2 Likes

think you nailed it @Growit I woiuld transplant them yesterday

1 Like