Looking for a light that won’t break the bank

Hi everyone, I am a total newbie. I currently have a bloom plus light that will cover a 2x2 tent, unfortunately the tent I have is 4x4. The light does not have a dimmer on it you just power it up and it’s fully on. I am looking for a light that I can adjust as well as have a vegetation and flowering that won’t break the bank. Currently have 3 seedlings in the tent and I want to give my girls light they deserve. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Welcome to our fun family! We my wife brought a grow kit and a 4x4x6 tent with a light not big enough. Oh poop. We dont have enough money yet to buy a bigger one. We have a Vivosun VS1000 LED. IT works but i learned fast. My tent i rearrnged the girls to be in 2.5x2 foot area under the lights.which seems to be best for now. DLI IS 38.9-48.9 PPFD 754-574 WHICH IS god for vegging.i have extra lights Flouresnet grow bulbs 4 footers which add a bit. Water from the bottim ,fabric 5 gallon bags keeps those fungus gnats at bay heat is 72-77 Rh is floating45-62% airflow high, passive vents pien ,no exhaust fan running now keeps Rh up SO SAVE SO MONEY AND BUY A HIGHER LED LIGHT AT LEAST A 2000WATT I WOULD SAY. Santa Claus is coming I hope to our house haha what say you @BobbyDigital @Nicky @Yoshi @oldmarine Did i do ok in the light referance

1 Like

MH-HPS 600 watt about 120 bucks

Lots of great sales out there for black friday. Watch for flash sales at 50% off or better.

2 Likes

Here is some lights they come in different sizes

I was looking at the BESTVA 1000 wattt set up. Trying to find something under $200 for now.

this sounds like a question for… @Graysin !! he is a legend for building his own lights!! also note that if your light covers 2x2 footprint you will need almost twice that going into flower in a 4x4. i always add a 2nd light after transitioning

1 Like

[quote=“Fishyj, post:6, topic:78579”]
BESTVA 1000 wattt set up
[/quote]Pro-2000W BESTVA Pro 2000W Dimmable Full Spectrum Quantum LED Grow Light 4x5 ft Coverage Max PPFD 2296 µmol/m2/s for Indoor Hydroponic Plants Growing Hey you all is this a good one. I can’t believe the price. 199 are you outof your mind. 199 our tent is 4x4x6 with one LED Vivosun VS1000

2 Likes

hands down though my favorite budget light is any Phlizon full spectrum…i own 2 of these and they are extremely affordable, im not sure why but over 3 grows all my plants just love these lights they aim at and respond better than with any other light i own.

I know these arent name brand. I would suggest the HLG but on a budget these work great. I run 2 of the 400w on rails right now in 1 tent. I bought them half off to try. WOW. Actually amazing lights. Running phillips/osram/samsung. Dimmable. For the price point and performance i like them. No heat issies. Hit hard. Plants lovem. 2 of the 2k with 50%off is about 170. Just a budget solution I have verified work well. Proof is in da puddin.

4 Likes

Haha that’s just because I’m off my rocker.

Without a doubt my recommendation is the KingBrite 240w light. UV, IR, full spectrum. Usually around $170 for the light and shipping both. Comes from Alibaba rather than Amazon.

Oh- my obligatory brag post attached to me using this exact light. Big plant in back is below the KingBrite

4 Likes

@Graysin Love the jungle. I love filling it up also.

1 Like

LMAO ya killin me bro

there ya go !!

1 Like

Welcome to the family! You will learn a lot here

1 Like

Check out king Brite and enfun led boards spider farmer would be a good one if u can afford about 500 for the light get the biggest u can afford to fit the 4x4 area. Ur gonna want as close to 800w for flower time and that’s true watts 3 of the enfun boards would prolly kick ass in a 4x4 w would be sufficient but 3 better as u can have a better coverage and keep them at a lower power for a bit less heat. @Nicky uses king Brite and @CoyoteCody uses the enfuns Nars and SF are good with the SF being better than mars. Mh and hos would be a cheaper route for more wattage but gonna run a bigger electric bill and throw off a while lot more heat than ur gonna want most likely.

4 Likes

[quote=“Fishyj, post:6, topic:78579”]
BESTVA 1000
[/quote]s

NO it is only 210w. No way can it flower a 4x4 unless you are talking Petunias.
This is what a legitimate top quality light by a reputable company says 200 watt using top of the line components, diodes and technology will do

If you are going to spend $200 on a 200w light, at least get the HLG.

King brite has been mentioned. Another source for less costly lights is ECO Farm.

5 Likes

Really appreciate all the suggestions. Now I just need to do some research on all the lights that everyone suggested and come up with one to fit my needs.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! With a inside grow your lights is going to be the most important piece of equipment.

5 Likes

these are facts!, mimicking the sun indoors is the biggest challenge.

2 Likes

Could not agree with you more. It’s basically the same as with my salt water tank. My lighting ran me more than everything else.

2 Likes