Looking for a light in the $350 price range

Can anyone recommend a light to pair with my current light in the $350 price range? I have a 4x4x89" tent. I have a 400 watt blurple that i absolutely love, its just not big enough to cover all 4 girls once they start spreading out. I tried a 1000w vipraspectre which cost more than my blurple and it lagged significantly behind.

I am at a hard $350. Was hoping to have more for a decent bar light but ran into medical issues, so thats what i got…

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

HLG did have refurbished HLG300L Rspec lamps for $329. Maybe that and your vipraspectre would do the trick, IF they will fit in your grow area?

Let some of the other members chime in before you jump on the HLG, though. They might have better options.

Good luck!!

1 Like

Are you looking to add to your current lighting or replace?
HGL have great lights. I have a Diablo 200 and it’s great for my 3x3 and it’s only $200. It could be a great addition.

Full disclaimer, I’m new to growing but I got my lighting recommendation here and I think it’s my best purchase yet.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Could you give @ExoFly your professional opinion?

3 Likes

I called on the light guru. He helps us all.

2 Likes

I assume you want to cover 2x4 during flower.
Hard to beat HLG 260W XL list at $314 less discount DUDE $283
Power up a notch to 320W XL list $412 discount $370. Both HLG lights are kits.
I have always been intrigued by Migro Aray lights . It is a large light at 18x39. 5% discount Drcoco

6 Likes

If you’re not in a hurry, i would watch hlg sute for some refurbished 350r’s to become available. Price is 399, but with discount code should be righy around your budget. If not, then i agree 260 xl kit is really good value.

8 Likes

Thanks so much everyone. Seems like everyone is on the HLGs. I do have some time. The blurple has been reliable up to now (3rd grow), but im gonna put them side by side or just use the hlg. I got a few weeks before theyre expanded past where that light covers so ill keep my eye on the hlgs.

Guess ill use the viparspectra to get into clones or germination. Those plants grew to 1/3rd the size of my 2 under the blurple. To be fair tho the vipraspectra was 150w and the blurple is a 400w beast

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Thats a badass looking light

1 Like

@beardless have you guys seen this thing? It looks so tiny but it might pair perfectly with my blurple

Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 225 Watt Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Full Spectrum with 660nm Boosted Red and 630nm Deep Red Diodes

Or i could buy 2

HLG 100 Rspec Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | High-Efficiency Upgraded LM301B LED’s

Or this one

HLG BlackWing 2022 HLG LED Grow Light | Lab-Tested Full Spectrum + Deep Red Plant Light – Dimmable, Daisy Chain | Quantum Board Led Grow Lights | HLG Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum

Or 2 of these

HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Version 2 High-Efficiency Upgraded Samsung LM301B LED’s

And the list goes on and on… :rofl:

2 Likes

I am geekimg out :joy:

1 Like

Pound for pound hlg-350r going to be much better light. The hlg-100 and hlg-225 are significantly less efficient than 350r and lower powered. Even two of the hlg-225 doesn’t match light output of the 350r. It would take more than 4 hlg-100’s to match it. Have to remember that 350r is latest and greatest tech from them and normally $600 light. You would just be taking advantage of refurbished model and discount.

7 Likes

I absolutely LOVE my 350Rs

6 Likes

Ok ill keep my eye out and if i dont see one by when i need it ill settle for the 225. Im probably gonna be buying another hlg in the future either way.

Thanks man

Btw is this it?

HLG 350R 350w 120 Volt- Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light | ETL/UL Certified, Samsung LM301H and LM351H Deep Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KYNTRWN/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_5DW6J0BP85MMN5C1G6F5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Yes that’s it.

2 Likes

If i cant find it in my price range would this be better than the 225 hlg?

MARS HYDRO FC-E3000 300Watt LED Grow Light 3X3ft UV IR Full Spectrum Grow Light Bar with 1184pcs Diodes & MeanWell Driver, Dimmable & Detachable Grow Lampe for Veg Bloom Flower, Achieve 2.8 umol/J https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q35VJQL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_XQXTANQXYFJ4Y7S4W9KS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or is it just no comparison between the brands?

I would just wait over buying either if it were me.

2 Likes

Just for information purposes how many 350r would it take to get 4 plants at max light potential in my 4’x4’x89"?

2 Likes