Looking for a good microscope for harvest time

Anyone have a suggestion on a decent instrument for evaluating trichomes and what not. It can be stand alone or whatever will work reliably with an iphone or macbook pro. I’m always hunting a deal but substandard instrumentation is not an option. Please only serious,time proven suggestions with which you’ve had success and reliability.

I have this as suggested from many in forum. I have mine duct tape to an old music stand

6 Likes

Ty very much for taking the time to answer .Now I’m going to get needy…by any chance can you or have you posted any images generated while using this device? ?Do you know of any within this forum?
ty in advance…

Images with the hand scope from amazon as said above :slight_smile:

ty ty ty.it would seem to be rather formidable and with good resolution. Could I trouble to ask what device you’re plugging that thing into.???

Samsung Galaxy s9+

so , what would be the name of that device?

never mind i found it,lol,made by about 6 different brands,well licensed to 6+ different company’s…

1 Like

so what power magnification is typical when observing the trichomes?

1 Like

That i have no idea, i just fool with it til i can see what i wanna see lol. I found bugs with it, that wasn’t fun seeing them up close lol

1 Like

I use this. Also duct taped to a bastardized music/guitar stand:

Some shots from it from Sunday:

3 Likes

@Newt hi :wave: :blush: im in my 1st grow, end of flower . Learning when to harvest, getting as many opinions as i can to make a good decision… i see a lot of amber in those pics did you cut them at that point??. What kind of high is that. ( if you are a occasional party smoker like a couple times a week , 1 or 2 or 3 hits lol )

1 Like

I have not chopped them yet. But it won’t be long. And I am a heavy smoker. I pulled a sampler bud on the same day of the pics. She got me very high, but after an hour or so it was a tad bit racy.

@Newt Wow really ??? Ok, so id probably want all that amber, i have anxiety so i dont need racey, but i dont mind if it gives me energy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

@Newt Lol im even more confused now how these girls work lmao, i thought with all that amber i wouldnt be able to move lol :sweat_smile: :upside_down_face:

It is somewhat of an optical illusion. When I took these pics she was on day 46 after flip, but I am getting a ton of coloring, and it must be making them look more amber than they are. :wink:

Check out the colors

:

3 Likes

Ya they are really turning fall colors