Looking for a Coco coir / jacks 3-2-1 mentor

@Hellraiser
We wanted simple and easy, Hellraiser was very experienced grower of lots of mediums.

A few weeks into his first grow using straight canna coco with a little diamascious earth for gnat control, he said he would never use soil for a grow again. It eliminated so much and his plants seemed to respond faster, he loved the coco. As for using Jacks, he thought it was the simpliest and again, he said his plants responded better on jacks thsn his mixing 12 bottles of other nutes.

He said, coco and jacks was the simplest, easiest and will be the cheapest. Never going back.

All the things we wanted we found in his journal.

5 Likes

So if you want to transplant without any kind of shock you need to buy some hormex. And maybe some liquid clonex but the first one I mentioned if you use a little of that when you transplant and water it you won’t even have any shock. If you do it would be very little. I just bought a very small bottle of it about $8 bottle and I don’t use enough of it only when transplanting so it only takes a couple of drops in a quart of water and I never have shock

3 Likes

@Sammys so there’s probably some guys on here that do start theirs in the great big pots in fact I’m following one now.@Fatz started some of his in big pots I just don’t do it cuz it’s too much trouble but like the other guy said water out away from your plants make the roots have to come out for the water don’t water directly on it

2 Likes

There are pros an cons to soil an coco. Just need to find out which one works for you, and you will have some killer smoke. I grow in both. I also use a couple different nutrient lines just to see which strains do better. It can be a challenge keeping track though :rofl:

2 Likes

Unfortunately i believe hellraiser is no longer on this site but he left some really good info behind for us. Feel free to stop in on my post and search it for info if you’d like. Currently on day 40 of flower in my flower tent and about 1 month in on my veg tent i have recently uploaded pics there as well

3 Likes

@Sammys I agree Hellraiser has a lot of good information you might want to read some of that. Also as you’ve noticed there’s a lot of good people on here with a lot of good information we also have moderators on here maybe one of those will chime in see if we telling you what we should be telling you or not​:rofl::rofl::rofl::v:. There’s also some other good Growers on here has a lot of good information if you just browse around and look at different blogs you can learn a whole lot

4 Likes

Beautiful plants Sir. I don’t have time to follow all threads, so question is are they in Coco? And what strains? And good job on Scrogging.

1 Like

@Dforce Oh trust me i understand that it would be a never ending read if you followed everyones posts. These are 3 sunset sherbert ladies and 1 gold leaf for flower and veg is 3 gelato and 1 sunset sherbert clone. All ILGM strains and all in canna coco bricks rehydrated in jacks 321 and cal mag heavy water. I start in solo cups then go to 1 gallons and finish in 3 gallons. I use recharge 2x a week and water the flower tent daily and veg tent every other day but soon to be daily as they are growing fast

3 Likes

Sunset Sherert is one that I would like to grow. I have smoked some oil in a pen and it is awesome, the taste, the buzz, all around great.

3 Likes

My flower tent smells amazing. Its a piney but skunky smell. Definitely looking forward to the smoke

3 Likes

I like a lite mix of coco and perlite but not quite as lite as cocoforcannabis recommends. I’m about 60 / 40 coco to perlite.
I just watered these 11 day old Afghan photos with 60ml each of Jack’s at 500ppm.

They got about 40ml each 5 days earlier.

The day before the sprouts were planted, I watered the coco and lightly compacted the mix in the pot. The roots need something to grab onto when they start growing. Also, with a damp medium they have moisture available when needed. I did not water them again until 5 or 6 days later.

I also keep them under a dome. The humidity in the room is only 30% so I use a dome longer this time of year.

Roots are starting to come out the bottom of the pots. I have 1 gallon transplanter bags watered and warming in the tent. They will get new pots tomorrow.

5 Likes

I appreciate all the help and posts. I’ll definitely take a look at everyone’s grow journals and try to learn as much as I can. I’ll be starting a grow journal for my coco grow soon. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Sammys feel free to tag me when you get it started!

5 Likes