Looking for a 6" inlet filter for a 500cfm that can be cleaned non carbon filter

The shroom filter is an intake filter. Just clamps to your inlet tubing.
Working with your carbon filter would be cheaper but the shroom is a great filter

1 Like

Google “6 inch filter plate”

2 Likes

It’s all good brother :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the community!
I think I need something with more surface area to catch the dust or it would plug up to fast
Thanks for the reply

It looks cool but I might think that the intake carbon filter might be unnecessary

1 Like

Agreed! That’s why I’m asking for alternatives to the carbon filter :sunglasses:
Kinda looks like a twin turbo setup

2 Likes

It does :slight_smile: , maybe this would work and would look good for the theme

Might get one myself to be honest very dusty in the shed

I was just looking at those but all I found had only a 3 to 4" clamp size. The 6" description is only the filter part.

1 Like

I would probably get me a half a dozen of the pre sock filters and change it every day. You might get by with every couple days. They’re washable and dry. good luck

1 Like

I bought extra prefilters to do just that but may have waited too long the first time changing it so it got into the carbon filter
I ordered another filter for now until we can come up with a better alternative
Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out much appreciated :sunglasses:

1 Like

It bummed me out cause I liked the idea and look.

1 Like

I was going to use that in the title for a grow journal see how many gear heads are around

1 Like

Sure looks like you found a 6" one alright.

1 Like

I may be wrong but that may be an 8.5" flange ID or I’m reading it wrong?

Yep your reading it wrong if Punctuation is correct.
Just noticed that the 6" is an ID measurement.

1 Like

Just making sure if you read it in reverse
base is 5.125"
Height 7.719
Flange ID 8.5"
Washable filter Round tapered 6" (I’m assuming that’s a average of ID of filter)
Thoughts?

That’s easily fixed…dont read it in reverse

1 Like