Looking for a 6" inlet filter for a 500cfm that can be cleaned non carbon filter

Hello everyone, looking for help with an inlet filter for my 5’x5’ tent.
I do some woodworking and don’t want all the sawdust and chemicals inside the tent I have been using a carbon filter but they plug up to easily even with the prefilter so I’m looking for options.
I currently run 2 6" 500cfm fans one for intake one for exhaust
something that can be blown out with compressed air would be ideal
All opinions and ideas are welcome

I just use these pre filters and cut to the size I need. I vacuum them off once a month.

https://www.amazon.com/Durabasics-Replacement-Honeywell-Prefilter-Compatible/dp/B07X82QN7C/?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

There’s these too https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1NJ1MR/?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Nice , been looking for something to stop some of the dust going in and insects

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I’m not sure how I can use these in place of a carbon filter any ideas?

Thanks for the reply, I think this would plug up pretty fast with a small surface area my big filter plugs up with a much larger surface area

You’re using a carbon filter on the intake side?

Yes, here is a picture of my set up I’m hoping to find something similar in shape to what I have

maybe a filter off of a truck or a piece of equipment

Interesting. Never seen anyone use a carbon filter on intake. You could swap it out for a cone filter for a car. Would be easier to clean when it gets gummed up.

https://www.amazon.com/152mm-Intake-Replacement-Quality-Filter/dp/B07DS4R4G4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=6+inch+air+filter&qid=1617884275&sr=8-3

3 Likes

Look on amazon for Nylon wig caps! Zip tie around end of intake hose. Works very well and easy to remove and clean.

2 Likes

I needed something to filter the intake air and since the carbon filter came with the fan I figured I would try it
The filter you posted is the kind of an idea I was looking for (thank you) maybe a larger one if I can find one
Again thank you

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply I think I need something with a larger surface area with all the saw dust

1 Like

Just take 2 or 3 layers of the carbon filyers bobby digital suggested first and wrap around the intake hose with a pantyhose over iy and ziptie it around the line kinda like a scoks

1 Like

I may try gutting out the plugged carbon filter and wrap those filters around the canister
That would give me the surface area the same size as the exhaust and something for the sheets to hold on to

I use a shroom filter. The intake fan in housed in the box.

6 Likes

Saw dust?!? I would’ve mentioned that sooner. :v::grin:

I use the same, made by K&N. Keeps the tent really clean.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, looking for help with an inlet filter for my 5’x5’ tent.
I do some woodworking and don’t want all the sawdust and chemicals inside the tent

It’s in my opening statement

2 Likes

This is what I was thinking. Get a couple and change out then wash and put on standby.

2 Likes

:v: sorry I missed that bro. A wake and bake morning… :joy::man_shrugging:

1 Like