Longer veg in Coco?

I had a guy on here no names that insisted autos veg longer in Coco. Personally in my experience no evidence of it. Has anyone else ever read or heard of this ??? Just wondering.

1 Like

I’ll be reading along. Can’t turn down learning more here.

Too many variables to say in my opinion. Every grower technique is different, and environment is a huge factor as well.
Autos pretty much flower when they decide to, based on the above conditions.

3 Likes

Totally disagree I just did 8 auto strains 1 flowered 3.3 weeks in and all other 7 were in flower by week 4. Now your friend probably thought they veged longer because he probably didn’t have the ph low enough to optimally use nitrogen and therefore stunted them making them take longer to hit sexual maturity to flower

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say autos will veg longer in coco as a blanket statement. But I have seen at least 1 coco grower get autos to veg 6-7 weeks pretty consistently. Could be unrelated to the coco, and have a lot to do with the particular grower just having a really good handle on his/her techniques.

I would look more at what he or she is doing. Similar argument could be made against. Like if you were to take coco and dump a bunch of organic amendments in it. That is more of a coco based soil in comparison to someone who is using straight coco or coco mixed with other soilless media and using drain to waste system. Both are in coco, sure. But one may water small amount every couple days, and the other may feed to runoff multiple times each day. Is not to say one is right the other is wrong, but it’s definitely not the same.

7 Likes

@dbrn32 you hit nail on the head!!! Couldn’t explain it better myself!!!

1 Like

@Smalls dbrn said it much better than I could have. As covert stated, many different variables. Could be they grow bigger faster so they look like they’ve had a longer veg time compared to the ones in soil.

3 Likes

That was worded great @dbrn32 One grower :thinking: :laughing: I had actually started thinking about starting a thread to see what every one averaged with soil or coco my self. I just couldn’t figure out how to word it. Maybe just a simple poll? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes