Long veg, first scrog

If you net is fully packed, it looks like it is. I’d flip. Get rid of anything hanging below the net and defoliate along the way.

2 Likes

Yea, its full, too full! I flipped 6 days ago. Theyve been steady growing so fast, idk whether to keep letting the buds come thru or start taking the small ones off. Thanks …i just want a nice strong grow, i dont wanna meas it up

1 Like

It was not my desire but was necessary. I had to or I would have run out of head space in my 7’ tent. Follow what @low recommends as evidenced by his scrog success.

You have a 2nd frame so let turn up. You will also need to decide on how many colas you allow to survive. They will be popping out everywhere.

2 Likes

Many ways to skin a cat! :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I know…ive never done this. I love a challange though! Im pruning now. Ang suggests on how to save the sites im snipping? Id love to clone my waste. Never done that eother. Theyre beautiful ladies tho

Hey, hows the defol now? Day 9 after flip. Just noticing buds setting in. I feel like ive defoliated snd tucked all that i can, or should. Ive really tried to only keep whats coming theough the screen. They are not t7cking well now that thwyvw been plucked.

Here they are day 3 first heavy defol

Day 9 (today)

After heavy defol

Think ive done enough? Left plant is bigger and bramchier. I did more higj stress chopping. Tops look good, id say day 2 of rral budding. Heres a top shot after defol.

@Pinboy @Low @DEEPDIVERDAVE @beardless @RPgrower #advanced-techniques:scrog @Riskguy

Thanks guys!

Also…i. gonna run flower cycle with humbolt flower and micros. And flowwr fuel.

8 Likes

Looking good!

3 Likes

I can see through them and have my commercial fan running under the canopy. Ive got veggies in the xorner w wxvtra light and that left side is loving it. Was think aboit putti g some bloom lights at canopy level on the floor…

2 Likes

And thanks! Ivw yet to have plump, dense buds. Im hiping removing all thet excess diverts energy. I got grwat lights, great airflow and temp…ive never waited to defol and they xhop like this. Ive always pulled as i go. Too much im sure at the wrong times. I hope this gives me nice spirals and stacks and not pospcorn. Its cute. But its disappointing!

3 Likes

You got this!

2 Likes

Lookin dang good! Check out “nebula haze” defoliation on YouTube

2 Likes

Having two HLG 600s hanging over them should do it.

This also should not be a problem. You will need to remove extra growth points. There will be lots given how much plant there is.

3 Likes

Well done Growmie :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

On my last grow I was determined to have only twelve main colas and no volunteers.
This is a picture of one of the colas identifying the growth tips I removed to have only the main colas. The yellow square by the yellow string shows where the branch was topped.

Bottom left is the same colas 19 days later

9 Likes

Looking good…really nice job.

2 Likes

So the more of the little sites i pluck the denser my spiral? Im always getting zillions of cute buttons that look plump but dry to looking like a furry dustbunny!

1 Like

I believe for the most part that is true. A plant can support only so much growth &so many flowers. It is a combination of more veg time so the base can grow and support more. I’ve seen massive one plant scrogs. The down side is it was vegged for 5 months. Similarly, fewer flower sites will produce larger colas. The trick is to try to maximize the number and there size.
Minimizing popcorn when a net is used is pretty straight forward. At flip or shortly thereafter, if a flower site is below the net pinch it off. After that, it is making space so each colas can grow to its potential.

5 Likes

I feel like they need the leaves taken off as the fans bulk…i already need more h20. Thats 8 gal in not even 2 days. If i bend them in the morn, by night theyve alrwady moved other leaves aside. The pvc scrog is starting to come off the ground from stretching so fast. The damn roots have grown together and broken their baskets and tote tops

…im in over my head again.

5 Likes

Thank you! Always trying to one up myself. Lol

1 Like

Oh man, oh man… they went crazy. Do i tuck or supercrop, or prune them?

6 Likes